According to the National Safety Council, there were an estimated 320,000 construction injuries that required medical care in 2018. Even though there are many potential hazards in the construction injury, if a worker is injured due to another party’s negligence, that worker may be owed compensation.
If you or a loved one were injured in a construction accident, you should know your legal rights. A Hackensack construction accident lawyer from Maggiano, DiGirolamo & Lizzi P.C. may be able to fight for your compensation while you concentrate on your recovery.
For a free consultation with a member of our team, please call (201) 585-9111. We offer representation on a contingency fee-basis with no up-front costs.
We Accept Construction Accident Cases
The law firm of Maggiano, DiGirolamo & Lizzi P.C. represents Hackensack construction accident victims. We invite you to call us after a construction accident, including:
- Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) violations
- Scaffolding and ladder accidents
- Roofing accidents, including collapse
- Electrical shocks, burns, and electrocutions
- Falling debris, equipment, or other objects
- Slip and fall accidents
- Equipment, material, or machinery accidents
- Motor vehicle accidents
- Unsafe work environment
- Inadequate safety equipment and/or training
- And more
No matter how your construction accident happened, we encourage you to call our firm for a free case evaluation. We may be able to determine who is liable for your injuries and pursue them for compensation on your behalf.
For a free legal consultation with a construction accidents lawyer serving Hackensack, call (201) 585-9111
What to Do After a Construction Accident in Hackensack
If you or a loved one were injured in a construction accident, we recommend the following:
- Get medical care right away. We also encourage you to follow your medical provider’s recommendations for prescription medicine, rehabilitative therapies, and other treatments.
- Tell your employer about the accident.
- If possible, take pictures of your injuries and the accident scene using your cell phone.
- Get the names and telephone numbers of witnesses.
Once you have taken these steps, we recommend you call Maggiano, DiGirolamo & Lizzi P.C. for a free consultation on your case. Our firm has a staff members fluent in Spanish and Korean who provide responsive and personalized client service.
Hackensack Construction Accident Lawyer Near Me (201) 585-9111
How We Can Help After a Construction Accident
Maggiano, DiGirolamo & Lizzi P.C. offers free case evaluations to Hackensack construction accident victims. If you decide to hire a construction accident attorney from our firm, you will have time to concentrate on your recovery while our team handles your case.
The services a Hackensack construction accident lawyer from our team can provide for you include:
- Identifying the liable parties in your case
- Managing your legal paperwork and deadlines
- Communicating with insurance companies and other parties on your behalf
- Securing photos, videos, physical evidence, and other documentation from your accident, if available
- Collecting and reviewing witness statements and accident reports
- Researching the involved party (or parties) for prior safety violations and complaints
- Documenting the extent of your injuries and damages
- Negotiating with the responsible party’s insurance company for a settlement offer
- Filing a lawsuit and taking them to court if they are not willing to make you a fair offer
The sooner you call Maggiano, DiGirolamo & Lizzi P.C., the sooner we may be able to help. Call us today at (201) 585-9111 for a free consultation.
Negligence and Liability in a Construction Accident
Some of the liable parties in a construction accident might include:
- General contractor
- Construction manager
- Owner of worksite
- Equipment manufacturer
- And more
When you hire Maggiano, DiGirolamo & Lizzi P.C., we will investigate your construction accident to identify the liable party based on statutes regarding direct and vicarious liability. We are prepared to take legal action against multiple parties if there is shared responsibility for your injuries.
Once we have identified the responsible party in your case, we will set out to prove their liability with evidence of the following conditions:
- That you were owed a duty of care within reasonable measures to prevent you from harm or injury;
- That the responsible party or parties breached this duty of care in some manner;
- That this negligence caused your injuries; and
- That these injuries resulted in damages such as medical bills, lost pay, emotional trauma, and other losses.
If we are able to prove these conditions and establish the liability of the party responsible for your injuries, they may owe you compensation.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Damages You Could Recover in a Construction Accident Case
The damages you may be able to recover in your construction accident case are contingent on many factors, including your injuries, their severity, and how they affect your life, including your ability to return to activities you participated in before being injured.
In general, recoverable damages after a construction accident injury may include:
- Medical treatment, including rehabilitation
- Lost wages
- Diminished earning ability
- Pain and suffering
- And more
Our construction accident attorneys also represent surviving family members if you lost a loved one in a Hackensack construction accident. You could be entitled to damages with a wrongful death claim or lawsuit. These damages may include:
- Funeral costs
- Loss of protection
- Loss of consortium
- Pain and suffering
- And more
To discuss what specific compensation may be available in your case, contact Maggiano, DiGirolamo & Lizzi P.C. for a free consultation.
Call Us After a Construction Accident in Hackensack
After you get medical attention and report the accident to your employer, call our firm for a free consultation about your construction accident at (201) 585-9111. Our Hackensack team is standing by to answer your questions and discuss your legal options.
The lawyers at Maggiano, DiGirolamo & Lizzi P.C. may be able to represent you on a contingency-fee basis. In this arrangement, you do not owe attorney fees unless and until your Hackensack construction accident lawyer recovers compensation on your behalf.