Workplace injuries are more common than you would think. According to the National Safety Council, an employee suffers injuries at work every seven seconds. While workplace injuries happen far too often, those injured still deserve to be treated with respect and care.
If you suffered injuries while at work, you might find it helpful to hire a Hackensack workers’ compensation lawyer from Maggiano, DiGirolamo & Lizzi P.C. to handle your claim. Our lawyers may be able to help you recover damages, even if the insurance company is not forthcoming with the benefits owed to you. To see how we can make a difference in your case, call us for a free consultation at (201) 585-9111.
Types of Workplace Injuries
The types of workplace injuries that may result in compensation range from physical injuries to psychological distress. Each of these injuries differs in severity and, therefore, carries different benefits. Below, you will find a few of the most common injuries that occur at work:
- Slip and fall accidents: whether you work in a manufacturing plant or an office downtown, you are not immune to slipping, falling, or tripping while working. Slip and fall accidents primarily occur due to hazards such as wet floors, ill-placed items, or uneven stairs and can cause a wide range of health problems.
- Muscle strains: if you carry or move heavy objects at work, you may begin to experience muscle strains in your back, arms, and neck as time goes on. You are also likely to have muscle spasms, cramping, swelling, or feel the pain spread to other areas of your body, causing intense pain even while at rest.
- Collisions: another common work-related injury, this injury occurs if you work around large vehicles. If you are a truck driver and you sustain injuries in an accident due to improper maintenance practices by the company, you may be entitled to compensation.
- Accidents caused by a lack of protective gear: sometimes, manufacturing companies fail in their obligation to provide personal protective equipment such as safety goggles, helmets, and face masks for employees working with dangerous chemicals or under dangerous conditions. For instance, inhaling toxic fumes can result in poisoning, respiratory problems, and oxygen deprivation.
- Industrial deafness. When you are repeatedly exposed to loud noises in the workplace, your hearing can deteriorate over time. Common symptoms include struggling to hear speech in a noisy environment and missing parts of conversations. To combat industrial deafness, companies must provide noise-canceling protective devices.
For a free legal consultation with a workers compensation lawyer serving Hackensack, call (201) 585-9111
The Benefits You Are Entitled to Receive
When you hire Maggiano, DiGirolamo & Lizzi P.C., we will explore a variety of benefits to determine where your case fits. Take advantage of our free consultation and call us at (201) 585-9111 to discuss your case with our experts.
As presented by the New Jersey Department of Labor and Workforce Development, the type of benefits you may receive may include one or more of the following:
- Permanent Total Disability Benefits (PTD): this type of disability policy covers employees who may never be able to work again due to a work-related injury. These injuries can include loss of limbs, eyes, or other vital parts of the body that may make it impossible for the policyholder to work.
- Permanent Partial Disability Benefits (PPD): policyholders primarily awarded PPDs are those who can no longer perform their tasks due to a permanent impairment sustained in the workplace. These injuries include PTSD, carpal tunnel syndrome, amputation of a finger or hand, loss of vision in one eye, and hearing loss.
- Temporary Disability Benefits: when an employee gets hurt while on the job but can still work to a certain degree, they may qualify for Temporary Partial Disability benefits. While they may perform their daily tasks, the company will temporarily exempt them from performing specific tasks that may be detrimental to their health.
- Vocational Rehabilitation Benefits: through the New Jersey Division of Vocational Rehabilitation Services, you may be eligible to receive this benefit if you require rehabilitation such as physiotherapy or work-related training to help you return to work after the personal injury accident.
- Lost Wages: in most workers’ compensation cases, the plaintiff cannot work at all or can, but at a reduced level. Either way, they end up losing income due to missing work completely or putting in shorter hours.
- Medical Benefits: sustaining injuries at work can put a significant strain on your finances. So, this benefit is to recover the money you spent on your medical expenses, prescribed medications, medical tests, and even future medical expenses.
Hackensack Workers Compensation Lawyer Near Me (201) 585-9111
Hire a Hackensack Workers’ Compensation Lawyer Today
If you suffered injuries at work, we recommend that you hire a Hackensack workers’ compensation lawyer from Maggiano, DiGirolamo & Lizzi P.C., to fight for your rights. Once we come onto the case, we will analyze your medical records, the severity of your injuries, working conditions, and job description to determine the compensation that makes sense for your situation. With us in your corner, you will never have to worry about legal costs since we advance all the costs needed to cover your litigation. To learn how we may be able to win your case, call us right now at (201) 585-9111.