While bicycling is a fun mode of transportation in cities like West New York, New Jersey, an increase in road safety efforts such as extra bike lanes and traffic signs cannot eliminate the risk of a negligent driver potentially injuring a bicyclist.
If you or a loved one have experienced severe or fatal bicycle accident injuries, you may be entitled to compensation. A West New York bicycle accident lawyer can help you go after awards for your financial and potential future harm.
Call the team from Maggiano, DiGirolamo & Lizzi P.C. for a free claim evaluation at (201) 585-9111. We work on a contingency fee basis, so you would not pay us anything unless we win your case.
Drivers Owe Bicyclists a Duty of Care in New Jersey
New Jersey motor vehicles must share the road safely and conscientiously with bicyclists. At the same time, New Jersey Motor Vehicles and Traffic Regulations §
39:4-14.2 and 39:4-10.11 says bicyclists must obey all state and local automobile driving laws, and should ride in the same direction as regular traffic.
For you to have an actionable claim against another party for your injuries, you must prove the at-fault party acted negligently. A West New York bicycle accident lawyer can help identify elements of negligence while preserving discoverable evidence.
Examples of negligence relevant to bicycle accident injuries or fatalities include:
- Driving while intoxicated
- Fatigued driving
- Distracted driving
- Poor road maintenance
- Malfunctioning or ill-maintained vehicles
Identifying the cause of your accident can help you identify the parties and insurance companies that may be liable for your harm. Many insurance companies have in-house counsels to mitigate insurance payout costs.
If you hire the team from Maggiano, DiGirolamo & Lizzi P.C. to represent you, we have the network and resources to help pursue a settlement or civil award you may be entitled to throughout the entire claims process.
Free Case Evaluation
Get a free, no-obligation case evaluation by contacting the team from Maggiano, DiGirolamo & Lizzi P.C. at (201) 585-9111 to get the information you may need regarding your case.
For a free legal consultation with a bicycle accidents lawyer serving West New York, call (201) 585-9111
Possible Compensation for West New York Bicycle Accident Injury Victims
If you are an injured bicyclist, you may be entitled to financial compensation and can file an insurance appeal in New Jersey. Surviving family members can also seek justice through wrongful death benefits.
All accident cases have different factors affecting them, which means estimating what you may be entitled to is challenging without all the details. A West New York bicycle accident lawyer can help you establish a baseline number from which your case can begin.
Maggiano, DiGirolamo & Lizzi P.C. has previously helped clients receive financial awards to compensate them for:
- Current and ongoing medical costs
- Lost employment wages for missing time
- Lost future earning capacity
- Wrongful death benefits for surviving family
- Physical pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Punitive damages for acts of gross negligence
An out-of-court settlement or civil award may not make up for all of your emotional losses, but it can provide the money you need to support your recovery and cover any future harm that may result from your accident.
West New York Bicycle Accident Lawyer Near Me (201) 585-9111
The Responsible Party May Blame You for the Accident
Bicycle accident injuries and fatalities fall under New Jersey’s personal injury laws, so there are specific elements that your case must meet for you to have legal grounds. In general, the following sequence of events should allow you to file a personal injury or wrongful death claim:
- The at-fault party owed you or your family member a duty of care
- He or she failed to meet this duty by acting with negligence
- The negligent act caused your accident injuries or loved one’s death
- The harm resulted in financial and future losses
While some cases are clear, others could require an investigation and further evidence. New Jersey follows comparative negligence laws, so the at-fault driver may attempt to assign partial blame to you in an attempt to lessen the compensation you may be entitled to.
Our West New York Legal Team Represents Your Interests
If a negligent party injured you or a loved one, a West New York bicycle accident lawyer can help you assert your rights. The team from Maggiano, DiGirolamo & Lizzi P.C. represent clients who suffer from severe or fatal bicycle accident injuries.
Some of the services our team can offer for your case if you hire us include:
- Investigating your accident: this investigation may include visiting the site, confirming weather and road conditions, interviewing witnesses, and reviewing police reports.
- Evaluating your financial losses: Maggiano, DiGirolamo & Lizzi P.C. can review all of your case for recoverable damages extensively. It is a critical step toward adequately preparing for settlement negotiations or a civil trial.
- Reviewing and explaining your options: before making decisions, a West New York bicycle accident lawyer can explain your legal options. You should understand the possibilities and choices you have available.
- Negotiating with the insurers: our team prepares for every case so we can talk to insurance companies and prove how serious your demands are.
If the at-fault party’s insurance company does not offer an adequate settlement, the team from Maggiano, DiGirolamo & Lizzi P.C. can take your case to civil trial. Less than 5 percent of all claims ever make it to court according to the U.S. Bureau of Justice Statistics (BJS), but it may be reassuring to know that you have assistance if necessary.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Contact Maggiano, DiGirolamo & Lizzi P.C. for a Free Consultation
There is a civil deadline that impacts the timing of your case. Missing the statute of limitations in New Jersey can negatively affect it. As such, you should consider discussing your case with a West New York bicycle accident lawyer to ensure you are within your rights to take legal action.
If you were the victim of a bicycle accident in West New York, call Maggiano, DiGirolamo & Lizzi P.C. to help navigate the claims process. To discuss your bicycle accident case, contact us at (201) 585-9111 for a free consultation.