Bayonne Personal Injury Attorneys
The physical injuries caused by an accident can be debilitating, costly and stressful. When these injuries are caused by some type of negligence, getting answers about your legal rights and options will be crucial to:
- Illuminating the path to compensation and justice
- Understanding the steps that are necessary to protecting your personal injury claim at every step of the recovery process.
At Maggiano, DiGirolamo & Lizzi, P.C., our Bayonne personal injury lawyers are ready to review your case, answer your questions and aggressively represent you moving forward. While we are ready to take care of everything necessary to initiate and resolve your case, we encourage you to explore the following personal injury FAQs for more helpful insights about these types of cases and how they are generally resolved.
Get the Answers You Need Now
Call (201) 585-9111 or Email Us
for a Free, Confidential, No Obligations Case Evaluation
Let us explain how we can make a difference in your claim, recovery and future. We look forward to hearing from you and helping you with your claim.
Do I Have a Personal Injury Case?
The best way to get an answer to this question is to attend a free consultation with a lawyer who can carefully go over the details of your situation. Apart from that, you can ask yourself (and answer) the following questions to start gaining a better understanding of whether you may have a personal injury claim:
- What caused the accident or injuries? – If the negligence of some other party (i.e., someone other than you) was primarily responsible for the accident, you may have claim.
- Where and when did the incident occur? Or when were the accident-related injuries discovered? – If the incident occurred in New Jersey within the last two years, again, you may have a claim.
- What have I done or not done following the accident? – This is more geared to evaluating whether you have sought medical treatment, talked with insurance companies, etc. in the aftermath of the incident.
Here, it’s also important to be aware that, even if you may have been partly responsible for the accident and injuries, you CAN still have a claim. So, do not make any assumptions, and do not put off contacting a lawyer.
How Soon Do I Have to File My Case?
It is generally in a prospective plaintiff’s best interest to file a claim as soon as possible, rather than waiting or putting it off. A few reasons for this include that:
- There tends to be more and stronger evidence available when the incident has occurred more recently (this can be especially true when the evidence includes eyewitness testimony).
- There are strict time limits (statutes of limitations) for filing personal injury claims. Missing the deadline can mean that injured people lose some (or all) opportunities to seek compensation.
How Much Is My Case Worth?
The value of a personal injury claim will depend on a number of different factors, only some of which include:
- How serious the injuries were
- The nature of the medical care that has been (and will be) needed to treat those injuries
- How much work the injured person has missed (and will miss)
- Whether the injuries have caused permanent losses and/or irreversible impacts to someone’s quality of life.
Additionally, the nature of the negligence and the liable parties can impact the value of a claim. For example, if an accident was caused by an extreme form or negligence or by a party who has a history of harmful negligence, punitive damages (in addition to compensatory damages) may be available.
Will My Case Go to Trial?
It depends on your claim, as well as your needs and goals. The lawyers at Maggiano, DiGirolamo & Lizzi, P.C. always seek to bring personal injury claims to the best possible outcomes.
While this often means that we attempt to work out favorable settlements before trial (so injured people can obtain compensation as soon as possible), our experienced attorneys are always ready to take a case to court and battle it out in trial whenever that may best serve our clients’ interests, cases and goals.
Let Us Tell You More About Your Options & How We Can Help: Contact a Bayonne Personal Injury Lawyer at Maggiano, DiGirolamo & Lizzi, P.C.
Call (201) 585-9111 or email us to talk to an experienced Bayonne personal injury lawyer at Maggiano, DiGirolamo & Lizzi, P.C. We are ready to partner with you and level the playing field as you seek the financial recovery and justice you deserve.
Courageous, skilled and resourceful, our attorneys are tirelessly devoted to advocating injured people’s rights and helping them achieve the best possible resolutions. With Maggiano, DiGirolamo & Lizzi, P.C. in your corner, you can count on receiving:
- Exceptional advocacy
- Respect, compassion and honesty
- Personalized legal service on contingency.
Our ongoing commitment to our clients, along with our record of success in personal injury claims, have earned us a number of professional recognitions and positive testimonials from past clients.
Located in the Gateway Region of Hudson County, New Jersey, Bayonne is a diverse, growing city that is home to more than 63,000 people. Sharing a land border with Jersey City and connected to Staten Island via the Bayonne Bridge, Bayonne is an important transportation and economic hub in New Jersey.
Notable landmarks in Bayonne include the Tear of Grief memorial, Bergen Point, Constable Hook and Shooters Island.
In popular culture, Bayonne is known for being the setting of the films Mortal Thoughts, Men of Honor and War of the Worlds. Scenes from A Beautiful Mind and The Wrestler were also filmed in Bayonne.