The fourth edition of Anatomy of a Personal Injury Lawsuit is a step-by-step guide through the process of handling a personal injury claim. The text comes in a two-volume set, full of up-to-date, thorough resources for personal injury attorneys. The guide is a step-by-step examination of the entire personal injury litigation process, including everything from the initial client interview to closing statements and beyond. Topics covered in Anatomy of a Personal Injury Attorney include:
- Negotiating for better outcomes for clients during settlement
- Navigating other alternatives to litigation
- Presenting an effective damages argument for different cases, including punitive, wage-loss, noneconomic, and medical damages
- Fighting secrecy orders
- Dealing with corporate defendants during the discovery process
- Understanding common medical issues that arise in personal injury cases
- The benefits of using focus groups and mock trials when preparing a trial strategy
- Understanding essential elements of a trial, including jury selection
For a free legal consultation, call (201) 890-4838
More than 600 experts in trial law and personal injury medicine contributed to Anatomy of a Personal Injury Lawsuit, including Michael Maggiano, the founder and senior partner of New Jersey-based personal injury firm Maggiano, DiGirolamo & Lizzi, who wrote the section on noneconomic damages.
Maggiano has extensive experience helping clients pursue fair damage awards, including for noneconomic damages like pain and suffering, emotional distress, loss of consortium or companionship, and more. He and his fellow attorneys at Maggiano, DiGirolamo & Lizzi have secured a number of large damage awards for clients, including several million- and multi-million dollar settlements. Maggiano has received a number of other awards and recognitions in recent years, including:
- “10 Superb” rating from AVVO Lawyer Ratings
- “AV Preeminent” rating from the Martindale-Hubbell Peer Review service
- Listed as one the Best Lawyers in America since 2006
- Named as one of the 125 Alumni of Distinction by Chicago-Kent College of Law
- Gold Medal for Distinguished Services (highest award given by the New Jersey Association for Justice)
- 2013 recipient of the New Jersey Bar Foundation Award for Excellence in Continuing Legal Education
- Membership in the Fellow American College of Trial Lawyers (reserved for the top 1 percent of trial attorneys in the country)
Anatomy of a Personal Injury Lawsuit is published by Trial Guides™, a publishing company that distributes books, e-books, audio, video, and live seminars from leading trial lawyers and legal experts. It was produced with help from the American Association for Justice, which works to ensure people are treated fairly in the justice system and have a fighting chance to recover their losses—even when fighting against the largest, most powerful corporations.
Find Anatomy of a Personal Injury Lawsuit, Fourth Edition online via the Trial Guides website.