Founder and senior partner Michael Maggiano has been selected to appear in 201 Magazine’s list of top Bergen County lawyers.
Maggiano and the other top lawyers of Bergen County will appear in the June 2015 issue of 201 Magazine. Thousands of lawyers and members of the judiciary in Bergen County evaluated their peers using an online survey. For each legal specialty, an attorney was allowed to recommend up to three colleagues. Once the online reviews were completed, each nominee is evaluated on the basis of survey results, current standing with the State Bar Association of New Jersey, and legitimacy of license. Maggiano was also selected by 201 Magazine as a top attorney in Bergen County in 2014.
Maggiano has received a number of other awards and recognitions in recent years, including:
- “10 Superb” rating from AVVO Lawyer Ratings
- “AV Preeminent” rating from the Martindale-Hubbell Peer Review service
- Listed as one the Best Lawyers in America since 2006
- Named as one of the 125 Alumni of Distinction by Chicago-Kent College of Law
- Gold Medal for Distinguished Services (highest award given by the New Jersey Association for Justice)
- 2013 recipient of the New Jersey Bar Foundation Award for Excellence in Continuing Legal Education
- Membership in the Fellow American College of Trial Lawyers (reserved for the top 1 percent of trial attorneys in the country)
Maggiano takes pride in being a true trial attorney. Maggiano is a Certified Civil Trial Attorney by the Supreme Court of New Jersey (one of only 1,450) and the National Board of Trial Advocacy. He and partner Christopher DiGirolamo headed up the litigation for the Tropicana Casino Resort parking garage collapse, which resulted in a $101 million settlement for the workers and their families (the largest construction accident settlement in U.S. history).
For a free legal consultation, call (201) 585-9111
Maggiano is also a highly sought-after speaker for legal gatherings and seminars across the country, particularly when it comes to trial diplomacy and trial evidence, and he has been invited to speak at the Meadowlands Seminar, the New Jersey Institute for Continuing Legal Education’s CLEFest, and the Boardwalk Seminar. He has been featured in Super Lawyers magazine, U.S. News and World Report’s Best Law Firms list, New York Monthly Magazine’s Best Lawyers list, New Jersey Monthly Magazine’s Top 100 Lawyers list, and other legal publications.
Maggiano, DiGirolamo & Lizzi have fought for the injured in Bergen County, as well as throughout New Jersey and New York, since opening its doors in 1974. The firm has won a number of million- and multi-million dollar verdicts and settlements, earning Maggiano inclusion in the Million Dollar Advocates Forum, which is open to less than 1 percent of all U.S. attorneys.