Cliffside Personal Injury Litigators
Car accidents, workplace injuries, and other unfortunate mishaps happen every day. If you are injured due to someone else’s carelessness or negligent actions, you deserve just compensation for your injuries.
Maggiano, DiGirolamo & Lizzi are proud to represent the injured in Cliffside, Bergen County, and throughout New Jersey. Our personal injury attorneys have more than 80 years’ worth of combined trial experience, and we have the resources and skills to fight for you. If you or a loved one has suffered an injury due to someone else’s negligence, call (201) 585-9111 or contact Maggiano, DiGirolamo & Lizzi to schedule your free consultation today.
Maggiano, DiGirolamo & Lizzi specialize in personal injury litigation of all types, including:
Car accidents: There were more than 30,200 car accidents involving Bergen County residents in 2012 alone, resulting in more than 6,000 injuries and 30 deaths. Maggiano, DiGirolamo & Lizzi are prepared to handle all types of car accidents, including rear-end collisions, hit-and-run accidents, drunk driving accidents, high-speed collisions, head-on collisions, rollover accidents, tire blowouts, uninsured motorist accidents, municipal vehicle accidents, weather-related accidents, recreational vehicle accidents, snowplow accidents, accidents caused by distracted drivers, and accidents caused by reckless drivers.
Motorcycle accidents: Motorcycle accidents killed 90 New Jersey residents in 2011, and motorcycle crashes continue to happen with troubling frequency. Our attorneys handle a wide variety of motorcycle accident cases, including failure to yield, defective motorcycle equipment, driving under the influence, accidents caused by road hazards, lane splitting, and speeding.
Trucking accidents: There were 31 commercial trucks involved in crashes in New Jersey in 2011, resulting in 28 fatalities. Maggiano, DiGirolamo & Lizzi have won a number of large verdicts and settlements for commercial truck accidents, and our personal injury attorneys are well-versed in trucking laws and the causes of trucking accidents.
Construction accidents: Construction continues to be one of the most, if not the most, dangerous industries for workers. Nearly 20 percent of worker fatalities occur in the construction sector, adding up to more than 800 construction-related deaths nationwide every year. Maggiano, DiGirolamo & Lizzi handle a variety of construction accident cases, including welding accidents, scaffolding accidents, roofing accidents, defective safety equipment, and failure to provide safety equipment.
Maggiano, DiGirolamo & Lizzi is equipped to handle other personal injury cases, including:
- Medical malpractice, including birth injuries and distracted doctoring
- Defective products, including defective car parts, defective medical devices, unsafe drugs, other unsafe products, and improper instructions/warning labels
- Premises liability/unsafe building conditions, including slip-and-fall accidents, unsafe buildings, recreational accidents, inadequate security, food poisoning, dog bites, recreational/sports injuries, asbestos-related illness, and liquor law liability
- Assault by security guards or bouncers, including unlawful detention and false arrest
- Elder abuse, including malnutrition and dehydration in nursing homes and bedsores
- Whistleblower claims, including pharmaceutical fraud, military fraud, and health care fraud
- Pedestrian accidents
- Slip-and-fall accidents
- Bicycle accidents
- Swimming pool accidents
- Amusement park accidents
Why Hire Maggiano, DiGirolamo & Lizzi?
Simply put, the law firm of Maggiano, DiGirolamo & Lizzi offers the experience, resources, and reputation you need for a successful personal injury case.
Our certified civil trial attorneys have more than 80 years’ worth of combined trial experience. We have collected more than $300 million for clients throughout Cliffside, Bergen County, and all of New Jersey. We have collected a number of significant verdicts and settlements over the last 40 years, including:
- $101 million for a construction accident case in which a 10-story parking garage collapsed, killing 4 people and injuring 32 others (the largest settlement of a construction accident case in U.S. history)
- $11.5 million for a hospital negligence case in which a behavioral health facility failed to adequately treat a patient, who later murdered his wife, daughter, and stepdaughter
- $10 million for a car accident victim who suffered a severe brain injury and visual impairment after being thrown from a vehicle
- $7 million to a 23-year-old pedestrian who suffered a debilitating brain injury after being struck by a vehicle
- $6.2 million for a commercial truck driver who was struck by another truck driver while pulled off on the side of the road
- $2.8 million for a car accident victim who was struck by a negligent driver, leading to a total knee replacement
- $2.5 million for a driver who was struck by a New Jersey Transit Bus after exiting the Lincoln Tunnel
- $1.7 million for a 50-year-old driver who was rear-ended at a stoplight
It is critically important to have resources on your side when you pursue a personal injury claim. After an accident, the bills can be overwhelming; hospital bills, rehabilitation costs, car repairs, days missed at work, and other expenses, on top of your regular day-to-day bills, can have a serious effect on your financial well-being.
Trying to navigate these extra expenses alone can be rather frustrating. The experienced trial attorneys at Maggiano, DiGirolamo & Lizzi have helped hundreds of clients navigate these expenses, deal with insurance adjusters, stand up to opposing attorneys, and fight for fair compensation.
Whether your case goes to court or not, it is crucial to work with a law firm with a rock-solid reputation. Insurance companies know which attorneys have a proven track record of success and who will fight back in court for their clients; with a respected, experienced attorney working on your case, the insurance company will take your claim more seriously and give you a better shot at fair compensation. Our personal injury practice is headed by Michael Maggiano, a veteran trial attorney who has been listed by Super Lawyers Magazine as a New Jersey Super Lawyer since 2005. We are members of the Million Dollar Advocates Forum, which is reserved for attorneys who have won million- and multi-million-dollar verdicts and settlements, including less than 1 percent of U.S. lawyers.
If you or a loved one has suffered a serious injury due to someone else’s negligence, we can help. Call (201) 585-9111 or contact Maggiano, DiGirolamo & Lizzi to schedule your free consultation today.
The comprehensive personal injury practice at Maggiano, DiGirolamo & Lizzi, P.C. covers all types of tort cases, including (but not exclusive to) those related to workplace accidents, nursing home abuse, medical malpractice, wrongful death, train accidents, subway accidents and workers compensation.