Edgewater Personal Injury Lawyers
The law firm of Maggiano, DiGirolamo & Lizzi serves the injured in Edgewater and throughout New Jersey. Whether you are dealing with a car accident, a defective product, or a workers’ compensation claim, our team of personal injury attorneys can help.
Maggiano, DiGirolamo & Lizzi understand the ins and outs of a personal injury claim. With more than 80 years’ worth of combined trial experience, our skilled lawyers are prepared to fully investigate your claim and fight for your compensation. We use only the latest technology and most dynamic courtroom strategies to bolster your case and give you the best chance of a successful outcome.
Maggiano, DiGirolamo & Lizzi have collected more than $300 million for clients throughout New Jersey and New York, both in and out of the courtroom. Our team of personal injury lawyers have achieved a number of significant verdicts and settlements for victims of all types of injuries, including:
- $10 million for a car accident victim who suffered a severe brain injury and visual impairment after being thrown from a vehicle
- $7 million to a 23-year-old pedestrian who suffered a debilitating brain injury after being struck by a vehicle
- $6.2 million for a commercial truck driver who was struck by another truck driver while pulled off on the side of the road
- $2.8 million for a car accident victim who was struck by a negligent driver, leading to a total knee replacement
- $2.5 million for a driver who was struck by a New Jersey Transit Bus after exiting the Lincoln Tunnel
- $1.7 million for a 50-year-old driver who was rear-ended at a stoplight
Maggiano, DiGirolamo & Lizzi are here to help you recover your losses. If you or a loved one has suffered serious injury due to someone else’s negligence, contact us today for a free consultation. Call (201) 585-9111 or contact us online to speak with one of our experienced attorneys today.
Our attorneys specialize in all areas of personal injury practice, including:
- Car accidents, including rear-end collisions, hit-and-run accidents, drunk driving accidents, high-speed collisions, head-on collisions, rollover accidents, tire blowouts, uninsured motorist accidents, municipal vehicle accidents, weather-related accidents, recreational vehicle accidents, snowplow accidents, accidents caused by distracted drivers, and accidents caused by reckless drivers
- Motorcycle accidents, including failure to yield, lane splitting, speeding, driving under the influence, and accidents caused by road hazards
- Trucking accidents
- Pedestrian accidents
- Slip-and-fall accidents
- Bicycle accidents
- Construction accidents, including welding accidents, scaffolding accidents, roofing accidents, defective safety equipment, and failure to provide safety equipment, workers compensation
- Medical malpractice, including birth injuries and distracted doctoring
- Defective products, including defective car parts, defective medical devices, unsafe drugs, other unsafe products, and improper instructions/warning labels
- Premises liability/unsafe building conditions, including slip-and-fall accidents, unsafe buildings, recreational accidents, inadequate security, food poisoning, dog bites, recreational/sports injuries, asbestos-related illness, and liquor law liability
- Swimming pool accidents
- Amusement park accidents
- Assault by security guards or bouncers, including unlawful detention and false arrest
- Elder abuse, including malnutrition and dehydration in nursing homes and bedsores
- Whistleblower claims, including pharmaceutical fraud, military fraud, and health care fraud
- Wrongful death, train accidents, subway accidents, and product liability.
These serious accidents can have a number of devastating consequences, including mental and financial repercussions. They can also result in a number of serious injuries, including brain injuries, spinal cord injuries, back injuries, amputation, fractures, whiplash, burns, scrapes and bruises, facial injuries, psychological injuries, catastrophic injuries, and injuries that result in permanent disability.
If you are seriously injured due to someone else’s negligence (i.e. in a car accident, due to medical malpractice, etc.), you could have grounds for a personal injury lawsuit. In order to have a solid case, you must prove the following things:
- You suffered harm (in the form of an injury, property damage, etc.)
- The other person acted carelessly (i.e. showed “negligence”)
- The other person’s negligence was the cause of the accident
Monetary awards in a personal injury case are referred to as “damages.” Damages in a New Jersey personal injury case are divided into two categories: compensatory and punitive damages. Compensatory damages are designed to reimburse the plaintiff for losses suffered in the accident, whether they be financial, physical, or emotional losses. These damages can include compensation for:
- Current and future medical treatment: includes hospitalization costs, ongoing treatment expenses, rehabilitation costs, and any expected future medical expenses
- Lost wages: compensation for wages lost while out of work due to the injury, as well as decreased earning capacity in the future if the injury will continue to affect the victim
- Loss of enjoyment of life: covers loss of enjoyment of day-to-day activities, recreation, hobbies, and exercise
- Pain and suffering: the physical and emotional pain caused by the accident, including the pain of the physical injuries and ongoing emotional trauma
- Wrongful death: compensation for the family or estate of someone killed by a negligent party
Contact an Edgewater Personal Injury Law Firm
Maggiano, DiGirolamo & Lizzi are proud to represent the injured throughout New Jersey and New York. Since opening our doors in 1974, we have been committed to the highest standards of excellence in personal injury litigation. Our million-dollar and multi-million-dollar settlements have earned us inclusion in the Million Dollar Advocates Forum, of which fewer than 1 percent of U.S. lawyers are members. Maggiano, DiGirolamo & Lizzi was named to U.S. News and World Report’s Best Law Firms list of 2015, and Michael Maggiano and Christopher DiGirolamo have received the highest possible ratings as car accident attorneys by the AVVO Lawyer Ratings service.
With more than 80 years’ worth of combined trial experience, we are prepared to investigate your claim and fight to hold the negligent party accountable for their actions. If you or a loved one has been injured in an accident due to someone else’s negligence, contact us to discuss your legal options. Call (201) 585-9111 or contact Maggiano, DiGirolamo & Lizzi online to schedule your free and confidential consultation today.