Hackensack Car Accident Attorneys
Auto accidents are the number one cause of death in the U.S.1 More than 9 in every 10 of these car crashes are caused by human error.2 This effectively means that preventable negligence is the leading cause of accidents – and that most car wrecks could be avoided if certain parties had been more attentive, careful and diligent.
When any form of negligence causes a car crash, victims can:
- Hold the negligent parties accountable for the damage and harm they have caused
- Turn to the experienced, compassionate attorneys at Maggiano, DiGirolamo & Lizzi, P.C. for unparalleled representation and effective advocacy in the pursuit of justice.
Call (201) 585-9111 or Email Us
for a Free, Confidential Consultation Regarding
Your Potential Car Accident Claim
Taking the opportunity to learn more about your potential claim does not obligate you to hire us, and it can provide you with essential answers and insight regarding your legal options and claim.
Leading Causes of Car Accidents
The types of human error that can play a role causing accidents generally involve some form of negligence, like (but not limited to):
- Driver negligence – Distracted driving, drunk driving and reckless driving are some forms of motorist negligence that commonly cause crashes.
- Manufacturer negligence – This refers to the negligence of automakers or the manufacturers of automotive equipment. In particular, this type of negligence can involve vehicle design flaws, as well as defective or dangerous vehicle equipment.
- Other negligence – For instance, when broken traffic signals, missing guardrails or other unsafe road features contributed to wrecks, municipalities may be liable for the crashes resulting from their failures to maintain safe roadways.
What to Do after an Auto Accident
Knowing what to do after a crash happens can be crucial to staying safe and preserving your rights to compensation. Whenever a car wreck happens, here are the most important steps to take:
- Immediately get out of harm’s way (if possible).
- Call police ASAP to report the accident. Call 911 if the crash is serious. Call the non-emergency Hackensack police line, (201) 646-7777, if the collision is minor.
- Get medical treatment. If you do not receive emergency medical treatment at the scene, see your doctor as soon as possible after you leave the scene.
- Exchange driving and insurance information with the other involved parties.
- Take pictures of the damage to the involved vehicles, any surrounding traffic features (like signage or guardrails) and any visible physical injuries. Also, take photos of the larger accident scene, the weather conditions and the road conditions.
- Report the facts of the crash to your insurance provider.
- Keep everything – the photos you take, copies of the police report, doctors’ bills and all correspondence from the insurance company.
- Contact Maggiano, DiGirolamo & Lizzi, P.C. for important advice regarding your case and how to move forward.
Also, it’s important to remember that, after a car crash, you should NOT:
- Admit or accept blame for the crash – Even accidental or mistaken admissions of fault can be used to reduce or deny your claim for compensation.
- Apologize – Saying sorry can be construed as an admission of fault.
- Make any promises to the other drivers – Saying things like, “I won’t get a lawyer involved” or “I promise not to file a claim or sue you,” can also be used to undermine your future claim for recovery.
- Wait too long to receive medical care – Even if you do not feel injured, the sooner you seek medical attention after a crash, the better. That’s because prompt medical care can detect injuries that may have latent systems, allowing for quick treatment and better prognoses. Seeing a doctor is also essential because it can result in important documentation regarding the nature and extent of your injuries.
- Assume your insurance company isn’t looking out for you – Your insurer is looking to protect the company’s profit, putting them in direct opposition to your interests, which is financially recovering from a crash. Consequently, you cannot rely on insurers to explain or honor your rights. You can also not count on them to make appropriate settlement offers or fairly handle your claim.
Contact Maggiano, DiGirolamo & Lizzi, P.C.
If you or a loved one has been harmed in any type of auto wreck, contact an experienced attorney at Maggiano, DiGirolamo & Lizzi, P.C. by calling (201) 585-9111 or emailing us. We are ready to collaborate with you in the pursuit of financial recovery and justice.
Backed by more than 90 years of combined legal experience, our attorneys have the knowledge, skills, courage and resources to effectively advocate your rights in any type of car accident claim. We are here to level the playing field and help you secure the financial recovery you deserve.
With Maggiano, DiGirolamo & Lizzi, P.C. on your side, you can count on receiving:
- The highest quality legal services personalized to your claim, needs and objectives
- Respect, compassionate and honesty
- No legal fees until or unless there is a recovery for your case.
Year after year, our record of exceptional representation and success has earned us a number of professional honors and recognitions, along with glowing testimonials from former clients. Let us explain how we can make a difference in your claim, recovery and future. We look forward to hearing from you and helping you with your claim.