Hackensack Premises Liability Attorneys
The places you visit day-to-day may not be as safe as they seem. This is especially true when property owners, managers or others fail to maintain safe premises and/or fail to warn visitors about the risks associated with a particular property.
When accidents at others’ properties causes injuries and harm, injured people:
- May have various legal options for holding the negligent parties accountable and seeking compensation for their losses
- Can turn to the trusted Hackensack personal injury lawyers at Maggiano, DiGirolamo & Lizzi, P.C. for answers about their legal options – and for extraordinary advocacy as they proceed with a case.
Have You Been Hurt on Someone Else’s Property?
Call (201) 890-4838 or Email Us for Free, Confidential Answers Regarding Your Potential Claim
When you contact us and attend a free case evaluation, you will not be obligated to retain us. Taking this single step, however, can be crucial to preserving your rights to financial recovery.
Slip & Fall Accidents
As one of the most common types of accidents that occur at others’ properties, slip and falls can result from factors like (but not limited to):
- Spills or liquids left on floors
- Failure to remove ice and/or snow
- Over polished floors
- An absence of railings on stairways.
These accidents can potentially cause injuries like (but not limited to):
- Bone fractures
- Strains and sprains
- Neck and back injuries
- Head and brain injuries.
Other Types of Premises Liability Accidents
Along with slip and falls, other common types of premises liability accidents include (and are not limited to):
- Animal bites or attacks
- Balcony collapses
- Construction site accidents
- Elevator and escalator accidents
- Exposure to hazardous materials (like asbestos)
- Incidents or attacks caused by a lack of security
- Ride or attraction accidents (at amusement parks, carnivals, festivals and fairs)
- Swimming pool accidents
- Trip and fall accidents due to uneven or broken sidewalks.
At Maggiano, DiGirolamo & Lizzi, P.C., our Hackensack attorneys are experienced at representing injured people in all types of premises liability cases. We know how to determine liability and hold all negligent parties accountable for the harm they have caused our clients.
Premises Liability Accidents: Who’s Liable?
Liability for a premises liability accident will depend on various factors, including:
- Where the accident happened – While these accidents can occur on residential or commercial properties, they may also take place at public properties. These different circumstances impact which individual or party may be hold liability.
- Whether the victim was legally permitted to be on the premises – Those who have the right to be on the premises include invitees (i.e., people implicitly or explicitly invited to the property) and licensees (i.e., people entering the property for their own purposes). Trespassers will not have the right to sue for accidents happening on properties where they were not legally permitted to be.
- Whether the carelessness of the victim may have played a role in causing the accident – New Jersey law provides that accident victims can be eligible for financial recovery as long as another party’s negligence was the primary cause of the accident. In other words, if a victim’s careless actions contributed to the accident, (s)he can still seek recovery as long as his or her degree of fault is found to be no more than 50 percent.
While our lawyers can help you figure out all of the parties that may be liable for your accident, generally, liable parties in premises liability cases can include (and may not be limited to):
- Residential or commercial property owners
- Property managers or landlords
- Property management companies
- Any on-site party that was (or should have been) responsible for the premises.
What Should I Do after a Premises Liability Accident?
Seek medical attention as soon as possible, particularly if the injuries may be serious. If at all possible, doing any of the following after an accident can also be helpful to a future premises liability claim:
- Report the incident to the manager, landlord or other on-site authority.
- Take pictures of the accident scene.
- Only report the facts to the insurance company.
- Keep all clothing worn, all doctors’ bills and all correspondence from the insurance company.
- Contact Maggiano, DiGirolamo & Lizzi, P.C. for a free consultation and crucial answers about how to seek the recovery you may deserve.
Contact a Hackensack Personal Injury Lawyer at Maggiano, DiGirolamo & Lizzi, P.C.
If you or a loved one has been hurt in an accident on someone else’s property, contact an experienced Hackensack personal injury lawyer at Maggiano, DiGirolamo & Lizzi, P.C. by calling (201) 890-4838 or emailing us. We are ready to collaborate with you in the pursuit of financial recovery and justice.
Courageous, skilled and resourceful, we can help you out-fight and out-smart the opposition as we set your case up for the maximum recovery possible. Although compensation may never restore the permanent losses from catastrophic accidents, it can be crucial to restoring lives.
Let us explain how we can make a difference in your claim, recovery and future. We look forward to helping you with a claim.