Jersey City Truck Accident Attorneys
At least 11 truck accidents occur in the U.S. every day. 1 Often, these wrecks result in horrific – if not deadly – injuries, particularly when passenger vehicles, motorcyclists and/or pedestrians are involved.
At Maggiano, DiGirolamo & Lizzi, P.C., our experienced Jersey City lawyers are tirelessly devoted to helping truck accident victims recover. Skilled at representing crash survivors and families who have lost loved ones to deadly wrecks, we can help you pursue your legal options for financial recovery and justice in the aftermath of a truck accident.
Hurt in a Truck Crash?
Call (201) 585-9111 or Email Us
for a Free, Confidential, No Obligations Case Evaluation
You can get essential information and insights about your potential case – and how to move forward – during a free consultation. For some generally helpful answers about truck accident claims and recoveries, please explore the following.
What Causes Truck Accidents?
A truck crash can be caused by various types of negligence, which can be enacted by a number of different parties. Most commonly, however, factors like (but not necessarily limited to) the following contribute to truck wrecks:
- Truck driver negligence, like fatigued driving, impaired driving and failures to comply with traffic laws
- Trucking company negligence, such as hiring dangerous truck drivers, failing to train truck drivers, failures to maintain trucks and failures to abide by federal trucking regulations
- Other negligence, like the negligence of vehicle equipment manufacturers (when equipment failures contribute to crashes) or the negligence of municipalities (when dangerous roads cause wrecks).
The lawyers at Maggiano, DiGirolamo & Lizzi, P.C. can help you identify ALL forms of negligence that contributed to your crash so that you can:
- Hold all of the at-fault parties liable
- Obtain all of the compensation to which you are entitled.
Who Is Liable for a Truck Accident?
The nature of the negligence that caused a truck crash will impact who is liable for that accident. While our attorneys can share more details regarding liability (after reviewing your potential case), typically, parties like (but not exclusive to) the following can be liable for a trucking wreck:
- The commercial truck driver and/or other motorists
- The motor carrier employing the trucker
- Trucking shippers or brokers
- Truck or vehicle equipment manufacturers
- Authorities responsible for constructing and maintaining safe roadways.
When it comes to liability for a truck crash, it is crucial to understand that:
- Multiple parties can be liable for a single wreck.
- If some fault lies with the victims, they can still be entitled to financial recovery as long as some other party was more at-fault for the crash.
What Is My Truck Accident Claim Worth?
The compensation available for a truck crash case will depend on factors like (but not restricted to):
- The nature of the negligence & negligent parties involved
- The extent of the injuries and damage sustained.
In general, compensation from these cases can include damage for (and possibly not limited to):
- Medical bills (past and future)
- Lost earnings (past and future)
- Damaged or destroyed property
- Permanent disability
- Pain and suffering
- Funeral and burial expenses (for cases associated with fatal wrecks)
- Punitive damages (in rare cases).
Of course, money will never reverse the permanent losses caused by serious truck accidents. Recoveries from truck accident cases can, however, be integral to restoring lives and moving forward.
A Jersey City Truck Accident Lawyer at Maggiano, DiGirolamo & Lizzi, P.C. Can Get You on the Road to Recovery & Justice: Contact Us
If you or a loved one has been hurt in any type of truck crash, contact an experienced Jersey City truck accident lawyer at Maggiano, DiGirolamo & Lizzi, P.C. by calling (201) 585-9111 or emailing us. We are ready to aggressively advocate your rights as we help you fight for compensation and justice.
Courageous and strategic, our attorneys have the skills, dedication and resources necessary to outsmart and out-fight the opposition. Let us explain how we can make a difference in your claim, recovery and future. We look forward to helping you.
1: According to data from the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA)