Car accidents, falls, workplace accidents, and other serious accidents can lead to serious, life-altering facial injuries. Facial injuries can be caused by airbag deployment in a car accident, collision with the sidewalk, or even defective products. No matter what the cause, if someone else’s negligence is to blame, Maggiano, DiGirolamo & Lizzi can help.
Maggiano, DiGirolamo & Lizzi are committed to pursuing justice. We will conduct a thorough investigation of the accident, using our resources to interview witnesses, collect police reports, and obtain medical evidence. Our years of experience have given us the tools and resources to stand up to large corporations, manufacturers, and opposing attorneys alike. If you or a loved one has suffered a face injury due to someone else’s negligent conduct, contact us today for a free consultation. Call Maggiano, DiGirolamo & Lizzi at (201) 585-9111 or contact us online to speak with one of our experienced car accident lawyers.
Causes of Face Injuries
Facial injuries can have a number of causes, and many are evidence of negligence. Common causes of face injuries include:
- Car accidents, including rear-end collisions, hit-and-run accidents, drunk driving accidents, rollover accidents, tire blowouts, and weather-related accidents
- Motorcycle accidents, including lane splitting, speeding, driving under the influence, and road hazards
- Trucking accidents
- Pedestrian accidents
- Bicycle accidents
- Construction accidents
- Workers’ Compensation
- Medical malpractice
- Defective products
- Premises liability/unsafe building conditions, including slip-and-fall accidents, unsafe buildings, recreational accidents, and inadequate security
- Swimming pool accidents
- Assault by security guards or bouncers
- Amusement park accidents
- Dog bites
For a free legal consultation with a face injury lawyer serving Fort Lee, call (201) 890-4838
What To Do After An Accident
After an accident, it is important to seek medical attention right away, whether or not you think it may be necessary. Certain types of injuries, such as concussions or internal bleeding, may not be apparent right after an accident, making it extremely important to see a doctor who can diagnose less-apparent injuries. Also, seeking medical attention right away can bolster your personal injury case, should you decide to pursue one; going to the doctor right away gives you reliable medical evidence from right after the accident, plus it helps to show your injuries were serious enough to necessitate a doctor visit.
It is also important to document any and all injuries, preferably with a camera. Taking photos of the face injury right after the accident will help your personal injury lawyer mount a convincing case and provide them with another piece of reliable evidence.
Fort Lee Face Injury Lawyer Near Me (201) 890-4838
Damages in a Personal Injury Case
If you suffered facial injuries in some type of accident, you could be eligible to recover money in a civil lawsuit. In order to prove your claim, you will have to prove three things: you were injured, the injury was caused by someone else’s negligence, and that display of negligence was the direct cause of your injuries (whether the injuries are physical, financial, or emotional).
Damages in a personal injury case are divided into two categories: compensatory and punitive damages. The vast majority of personal injury cases deal with compensatory damages, which are designed to compensate the injured person for losses suffered as a result of the accident. Compensatory damages in a speeding accident could include:
- Current and future medical treatment: includes hospitalization costs, ongoing treatment expenses, rehabilitation costs, and any expected future medical expenses
- Lost wages: compensation for wages lost while out of work due to the accident, as well as decreased earning capacity in the future if the injuries will continue to affect the victim
- Property damage: compensation for damage to the victim’s car, clothing, or other personal effects as a result of the accident
- Loss of enjoyment of life: covers loss of enjoyment of day-to-day activities, recreation, hobbies, and exercise
- Pain and suffering: the physical and emotional pain caused by the accident, including the pain of the physical injuries and ongoing emotional trauma
- Emotional distress: the psychological effects of an injury, such as anxiety, sleep loss, or fear (typically awarded in severe accidents)
- Wrongful death: compensation for the family or estate of someone killed by a negligent driver
There is no cap on compensatory damages in the state of New Jersey. This means you are eligible to recover the full amount of damages, so long as you can prove the monetary value of your losses.
Punitive damages are awarded more rarely than compensatory damages. Punitive damages are designed to punish the negligent party for particularly egregious behavior, such as causing an accident on purpose. As such, they are only awarded in certain cases with unusual circumstances.
Contact Maggiano, DiGirolamo & Lizzi
Maggiano, DiGirolamo & Lizzi are proud to represent the injured throughout New Jersey and New York. Since opening our doors in 1974, we have been committed to the highest standards of excellence in personal injury litigation. Our million-dollar and multi-million-dollar settlements have earned us inclusion in the Million Dollar Advocates Forum, of which fewer than 1 percent of U.S. lawyers are members. Maggiano, DiGirolamo & Lizzi was named to U.S. News and World Report’s Best Law Firms list of 2019, and Michael Maggiano and Christopher DiGirolamo have received the highest possible ratings as car accident attorneys by the AVVO Lawyer Ratings service.
With more than 80 years’ worth of combined trial experience, we are prepared to investigate your claim and fight to hold the negligent party accountable for their actions. If you or a loved one has suffered a facial injury due to someone else’s negligence, contact us to discuss your legal options. Call Maggiano, DiGirolamo & Lizzi at (201) 585-9111 or contact us online to schedule your free and confidential consultation today.