Recreational Vehicle Accident Attorney
Recreational vehicles are a great way to take the whole family on vacation or spend a weekend on the road. But unfortunately, disaster can strike all too quickly. The sheer size and weight of an RV or camper can spell serious danger for other motorists on the road. Further, many drivers are inexperienced behind the wheel of an RV or camper, which can make matters worse.
On average, 1.6 people are killed in car accidents every day—just in the state of New Jersey. There were a total of 284,062 car accidents statewide in 2012, resulting in nearly 600 deaths. With more than 40,000 miles of public roads in New Jersey, that spells a death every 66.6 miles.
If you or a loved one have been seriously injured in an RV accident, contact Maggiano, DiGirolamo & Lizzi. Our experienced personal injury attorneys are proud to represent the injured throughout New Jersey and New York, both in and out of court. Since opening our doors in 1974, we have been committed to the highest standards of excellence in personal injury litigation. Our million-dollar and multi-million-dollar settlements have earned us inclusion in the Million Dollar Advocates Forum, of which fewer than 1 percent of U.S. lawyers are members. Maggiano, DiGirolamo & Lizzi was named to U.S. News and World Report’s Best Law Firms list of 2019, and Michael Maggiano and Christopher DiGirolamo have received the highest possible ratings as car accident attorneys by the AVVO Lawyer Ratings service. We have successfully collected more than $300 million in verdicts and settlements for our clients, and we have the resources and experience to fight for you. Call (201) 585-9111 or contact us online to speak with one of our skilled personal injury attorneys today.
For a free legal consultation with a recreational vehicle accidents lawyer serving Fort Lee, call (201) 890-4838
RV Accident Injuries
The sheer size of a recreational vehicle can cause major injuries and property damage in a collision. After a serious accident, it is extremely important to seek medical attention right away. Certain types of injuries—like internal bleeding or concussions—may not be evident right after the accident, and a medical professional will be able to diagnose and treat any internal injuries.
Seeing a doctor right away will also help you in the event you file a personal injury lawsuit. If you visit the doctor right away, it will be much easier to prove the extent of your injuries and prove that they were caused by the collision. If you wait several days or even months to seek medical attention, an opposing attorney may try to argue that you were not really injured or not injured as badly as you claim to be.
Injuries in an RV accident can include:
- Catastrophic injuries
- Spinal cord injuries
- Severe burns
- Brain injuries
- Back injuries
- Face injuries
- Scrapes, bruises, and lacerations
- Psychological injuries
Fort Lee Recreational Vehicle Accident Lawyer Near Me (201) 890-4838
Damages in a Personal Injury Lawsuit
If you are seriously injured in a car accident that was caused by someone else, you could have grounds for a personal injury lawsuit. In order to have a solid case, you must prove the following things:
- You suffered harm (in the form of an injury, property damage, etc.)
- The other driver acted carelessly (i.e. showed “negligence”)
- The other driver’s negligence was the cause of the accident
However, there are other factors that go into deciding whether or not you have a case. An experienced car accident lawyer will be able to help you figure out who was liable for your accident and how you should pursue compensation.
Monetary awards in a personal injury case are referred to as “damages.” Damages in a New Jersey personal injury case are divided into two categories: compensatory and punitive damages. Compensatory damages are designed to reimburse the plaintiff for losses suffered in the accident, whether they be financial, physical, or emotional losses. These damages can include compensation for:
- Current and future medical treatment: includes hospitalization costs, ongoing treatment expenses, rehabilitation costs, and any expected future medical expenses
- Lost wages: compensation for wages lost while out of work due to the injury, as well as decreased earning capacity in the future if the injury will continue to affect the victim
- Loss of enjoyment of life: covers loss of enjoyment of day-to-day activities, recreation, hobbies, and exercise
- Pain and suffering: the physical and emotional pain caused by the accident, including the pain of the physical injuries and ongoing emotional trauma
- Wrongful death: compensation for the family or estate of someone killed by a negligent driver
Contact Maggiano, DiGirolamo & Lizzi
Maggiano, DiGirolamo & Lizzi understand the ins and outs of a personal injury lawsuit. With more than 80 years’ worth of combined trial experience, our skilled lawyers are prepared to fully investigate your claim and fight for your compensation. We use only the latest technology and most dynamic courtroom strategies to bolster your case and give you the best chance of a successful outcome.
Maggiano, DiGirolamo & Lizzi have collected more than $300 million for clients throughout New Jersey and New York, both in and out of the courtroom. Our team of personal injury lawyers have achieved a number of significant verdicts and settlements for victims of all types of injuries, including:
- $10 million for a car accident victim who suffered a severe brain injury and visual impairment after being thrown from a vehicle
- $7 million to a 23-year-old pedestrian who suffered a debilitating brain injury after being struck by a vehicle
- $6.2 million for a commercial truck driver who was struck by another truck driver while pulled off on the side of the road
- $2.8 million for a car accident victim who was struck by a negligent driver, leading to a total knee replacement
- $2.5 million for a driver who was struck by a New Jersey Transit Bus after exiting the Lincoln Tunnel
- $1.7 million for a 50-year-old driver who was rear-ended at a stoplight
Maggiano, DiGirolamo & Lizzi are here to help you recover your losses. If you or a loved one has suffered serious injury in a recreational vehicle accident, contact us today for a free consultation. Call (201) 585-9111 or contact us online to speak with one of our experienced attorneys today.