May 31, 2013 – Summer hasn’t even arrived, and yet already this year seven children have died of heat stroke after being left in vehicles.
KidsAndCars.org reports the following deaths in a 16-day period in May:
• A girl, 5 months, died May 10 in El Paso, Texas, after her mother, a high school teacher, unknowingly left her behind in her SUV.
• A boy, 4, died May 15 in Transylvania County, N.C., after his grandmother forgot to drop him off at daycare.
• A boy, 11 months, died May 16 in Miami, Fla., died after being left behind in his mother’s car.
• A girl, 1, died May 17 in Dallas, Texas, after her mother, an elementary school teacher, unknowingly left her behind in her vehicle.
• A boy, 1, died May 24 in Corpus Christi, Texas, after his uncle forgot to drop him off at daycare.
• A boy, 18 months, and girl, 2 months died May 26 in Glen Allen, Va., when they were left in the car while the mother was at work. Learn more @ KidsAndCars.org