North Bergen Top Personal Injury Lawyers
North Bergen residents have to deal with a number of unexpected accidents and injuries every year. If you or a loved one has suffered an accident due to someone else’s negligence, you deserve representation from an experienced and aggressive legal team.
Maggiano, DiGirolamo & Lizzi are proud to represent North Bergen residents in all types of personal injury litigation. Whether you have been injured in a car accident, at work, or by a defective product, our personal injury attorneys can help. We have more than 80 years’ worth of combined trial experience, and we are prepared to investigate your claim fully to fold the negligent party accountable.
If you or a loved one has been injured due to someone else’s negligence, contact us to discuss your legal options. Call (201) 585-9111 or contact Maggiano, DiGirolamo & Lizzi online to schedule your free and confidential consultation today.
Personal Injury Cases in North Bergen
An experienced personal injury attorney will be able to help you identify monetary, physical, and mental losses—referred to as “damages”—suffered due to an accident. The vast majority of damages in personal injury cases are compensatory damages, designed to compensate the victim for losses, both tangible and intangible.
Types of compensatory damages include:
- Medical treatment: the cost of medical treatment stemming from the injury, including hospital treatment, ambulatory services, and any future medical costs associated with the injury
- Income: the loss of income from the accident, as well as any decreased earning potential in the future
- Property loss: the cost of personal items, including vehicles, clothing, and other property, that were damaged or lost as a result of the incident
- Pain and suffering: compensation for pain and discomfort suffered as a result of the accident, including any ongoing pain
- Emotional distress: compensation for the psychological distress of a particularly serious accident, including fear, anxiety, and loss of sleep
- Loss of enjoyment or consortium: compensation for losing the ability to enjoy day-to-day activities, recreational activities, or adverse effects on a plaintiff’s relationship to his or her spouse or children
In addition to compensatory damages, you can pursue punitive damages in cases when a defendant’s behavior was particularly egregious or reckless. Punitive damages usually apply when the defendant intended to cause harm or acted with reckless disregard for others.
There is no limit on compensatory damages in personal injury cases in New Jersey. The New Jersey Punitive Damages Act limits punitive damages to give times the amount of compensatory damages or $350,000 (whichever is greater).
Why Hire Maggiano, DiGirolamo & Lizzi?
Maggiano, DiGirolamo & Lizzi are proud to represent the injured in North Bergen and throughout New Jersey. Since opening our doors in 1974, we have been committed to the highest standards of excellence in personal injury litigation. Our million-dollar and multi-million-dollar settlements have earned us a number of prestigious awards and honors, including:
- New Jersey Super Lawyers
- Membership in the Million Dollar Advocates Forum (of which fewer than 1 percent of U.S. lawyers are members)
- U.S. News and World Report’s Best Law Firms list of 2015
- “10 Superb” rating from the AVVO Lawyer Ratings service
- AV Preeminent rating from the Martindale-Hubbell Lawyer Ratings Service
- Michael Maggiano – Fellow in the American College of Trial Lawyers
- Michael Maggiano – Best Lawyers in America list
For the last 40 years, our team of skilled attorneys has led the way in personal injury litigation. We use only the latest technology and the most sure-fire legal strategies to ensure you get fair compensation, whether it’s in the courtroom or at the negotiating table.
Our personal injury lawyers have won a number of significant verdicts and settlements, including:
- $10 million for a car accident victim who suffered a severe brain injury and visual impairment after being thrown from a vehicle
- $7 million to a 23-year-old pedestrian who suffered a debilitating brain injury after being struck by a vehicle
- $6.2 million for a commercial truck driver who was struck by another truck driver while pulled off on the side of the road
- $2.8 million for a car accident victim who was struck by a negligent driver, leading to a total knee replacement
- $2.5 million for a driver who was struck by a New Jersey Transit Bus after exiting the Lincoln Tunnel
- $1.7 million for a 50-year-old driver who was rear-ended at a stoplight
You can count on Maggiano, DiGirolamo & Lizzi for aggressive, just representation from a team of highly skilled and experienced attorneys.
Maggiano, DiGirolamo & Lizzi specialize in personal injury litigation of all types, including:
- Car accidents, including rear-end collisions, hit-and-run accidents, drunk driving accidents, high-speed collisions, head-on collisions, rollover accidents, tire blowouts, uninsured motorist accidents, municipal vehicle accidents, weather-related accidents, recreational vehicle accidents, snowplow accidents, accidents caused by distracted drivers, and accidents caused by reckless drivers
- Motorcycle accidents, including failure to yield, lane splitting, speeding, driving under the influence, and accidents caused by road hazards
- Trucking accidents
- Pedestrian accidents
- Slip-and-fall accidents
- Bicycle accidents
- Construction accidents, including welding accidents, scaffolding accidents, roofing accidents, defective safety equipment, and failure to provide safety equipment
- Workplace injuries, including machine guarding and Occupational Health and Safety Act violations
- Medical malpractice, including birth injuries and distracted doctoring
- Defective products, including defective car parts, defective medical devices, unsafe drugs, other unsafe products, and improper instructions/warning labels
- Premises liability/unsafe building conditions, including slip-and-fall accidents, unsafe buildings, recreational accidents, inadequate security, food poisoning, dog bites, recreational/sports injuries, asbestos-related illness, and liquor law liability
- Swimming pool accidents
- Amusement park accidents
- Assault by security guards or bouncers, including unlawful detention and false arrest
- Elder abuse, including malnutrition and dehydration in nursing homes and bedsores
- Whistleblower claims, including pharmaceutical fraud, military fraud, and health care fraud
- Train Accidents , Subway Accidents & Pedestrian Accidents
Contact A North Bergen Personal Injury Lawyer
With more than 80 years’ worth of combined trial experience, we are prepared to investigate your claim and fight to hold the negligent party accountable for their actions. If you or a loved one has been injured due to someone else’s negligence, contact us to discuss your legal options. Call (201) 585-9111 or contact Maggiano, DiGirolamo & Lizzi online to schedule your free and confidential consultation today.