Paramus Car Accident Attorneys
The vast majority of car accidents are caused by driver errors and other types of preventable negligence.
If you or someone you love has been victimized in one of these auto wrecks, you can turn to the trusted Paramus car accident lawyers at Maggiano, DiGirolamo & Lizzi, P.C. for guidance and extraordinary advocacy as you seek the compensation you may deserve.
Take the First Step on the Road to Recovery
Call (201) 585-9111 or Email Us for a Free, Confidential, No Obligations Case Evaluation
You can receive essential answers and invaluable advice regarding your potential case in a free consultation. Evening and weekend appointments are available. Until then, check out the answers below for generally important insights regarding car accident cases and recoveries.
Am I Entitled to Compensation If I Was Hurt in a Car Accident?
You may be eligible for compensation if your crash was caused by the negligence of another party (rather than your own fault or negligence). Of course, it may not always be clear who or what contributed to a crash, especially if the wreck has left you with catastrophic injuries.
Consequently, it is strongly advised that you contact Maggiano, DiGirolamo & Lizzi, P.C. We can help you thoroughly investigate the accident, determine the cause(s) and identify all parties that are liable for the wreck.
While the types and amounts of damages for successful car accident claims will vary (according to the details of the case), typically, these recoveries include compensation for losses like (but not necessarily restricted to):
- Medical treatment costs
- Lost earnings
- Damaged property
- Pain, suffering and/or loss of consortium.
What If I Was Partly At Fault for the Crash?
If your actions played a role in causing a car accident, you CAN still be eligible for compensation IF you were less at fault for the crash than another party. In other words, some other party must be more at fault for causing the crash than you in order for you to have grounds to pursue a claim.
What Are My Options If I Was Hit by an Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist?
If you have a standard auto insurance policy in New Jersey – and an uninsured or underinsured driver is primarily at fault for the accident, you may be able to file a claim for compensation with your own insurance provider. 1
With uninsured/underinsured motorist (UM/UIM) claims, please be aware that:
- You may first need to file a claim with the at-fault driver’s insurance provider before seeking compensation through your policy and provider (depending on the circumstances).
- UM/UIM claims in New Jersey can only be pursued when the at-fault motorist can be identified. In other words, UM/UIM claims cannot be used to seek compensation for the injuries and losses caused by a hit-and-run accident if the at-fault driver is never identified.
When Should I File My Car Accident Case?
Filing as soon as possible is typically advised in order to:
- Avoid running out the statute of limitations – In New Jersey, the statute of limitations for car crash claims is two years (from the date of the accident, the date on which the injuries are discovered or the date on which the injuries result in death).
- Preserve and have access to as much available evidence as possible – As weeks and months pass after an accident, evidence can be misplaced, misremembered or destroyed. When this evidence includes accident-scene photos, medical bills and/or witness accounts, it can be far more challenging to prove liability or damages.
Contact a Paramus Car Accident Lawyer at Maggiano, DiGirolamo & Lizzi, P.C.
An experienced Paramus car accident lawyer at Maggiano, DiGirolamo & Lizzi, P.C. is ready to partner with you and level the playing field as you seek the compensation you likely deserve.
Call (201) 585-9111 or email us for the insights that can make all the difference in your case, recovery and future.
Relentless, savvy and versatile, our attorneys have more than 90 years of combined legal experience helping the injured obtain justice. We know how to fight for our clients’ rights, protect their interests and help them achieve their objectives. Our many professional recognitions and positive testimonials from prior clients affirm our long-standing history of excellence in car accident claims and other personal injury cases.
Let us explain how we can help you set your case up for the maximum possible recovery.
1: More information about UM/UIM insurance & claims from the New Jersey Department of Banking & Insurance