There are many reasons why having a personal injury attorney may be in your best interest when you have sustained an injury either on the job, in a car accident, or by other means. The fact of the matter is this: If you have sustained an injury, it is completely up to you whether or not you want to hire an attorney to take on your case. Were your injuries severe? Did they cause you to lose time at work? Are you out of work and money due to a long-lasting injury?
Handling Cases on Your Own
There are occasions in which you can handle a personal injury on your own. Here are two of the major reasons:
Living in a No-Fault State: Have your injuries risen to a certain level? You may be able to sue if so. Unless they have, then the no-fault rules will not allow you to sue. You may be limited in recovering damages from your own personal injury protection coverage in a no-fault claim, so hiring a lawyer may not work for your case.
Receiving the Maximum Amount Available: Insurance companies only pay out their policy limits, which means that if the defendant who injured you has a $100,000 maximum insurance policy and you’ve been offered $100,000, the larger verdict may not be useful to you. If a defendant does not have much in ways of assets, then you should probably accept the settlement.
Top Reasons For Hiring an Attorney
If you have a serious injury case, you may feel extremely stressed or anxious about what to expect next in the way of bills. Here are some of the reasons why it may be necessary to hire an experienced personal injury attorney:
- A personal injury attorney will be able to tell you if they think that it is worthwhile for you to pursue legal action. If they believe that it is in your best interest to avoid it because you are unlikely to win your case, you can avoid expense and time.
- Many personal injury attorneys will work with you in a contingency fee, which means no fees if you don’t recover.
- A personal injury attorney will be able to help you with difficult and lengthy paperwork.
- Attorneys will typically work with a team of investigators who have experience to help you with the technicalities involved in your case.
- An attorney will be able to help you through the anger, pain, frustration and sorrows of your personal injury. You may be ready to go for a quick payout, but your attorney may believe it is in your best interest to wait for a better offer.
- Some attorneys will be able to guide you to the option of alternative dispute resolution methods, which will also save you time and money.
- These attorneys have experience working with insurance companies and will not be confused when it comes to their tactics. This will benefit you in the end.
- They will be able to achieve the best settlements for you. They can aid you in trying to resolve a case as early as possible.
- An attorney will be able to help you achieve the best jury verdict. They will develop a legal strategy that is designed to help you get the compensation you deserve.
So, now you can see that personal injury attorneys are usually very helpful in many cases. Do you think a personal injury attorney may be able to help you with your case? Call Maggiano, DiGirolamo & Lizzi today for more information on what you can do.