The First Responders Scholarship from Maggiano, DiGirolamo & Lizzi P.C. awards a $1,500 scholarship to a deserving student each year who has been of service to others in their community. The deadline to apply is June 15, 2021. Interested applicants should apply using the form on this page.
About the Maggiano, DiGirolamo & Lizzi P.C. Scholarship
The Department of Homeland Security defines first responders as “the primary line of defense for U.S. communities”. First responders are often unsung heroes who run toward danger as others flee. They face disaster and tragedy with courage and respond right away when others need their help. Sacrifice is a word that is often used to describe them.
The basis for the scholarship is to reward students who have been of service to others within their community.
“Many students today are going above and beyond to help others in the community. We want to recognize those exceptional individuals and help provide them with the resources they need to be successful,” said Michael Maggiano, a senior partner at Maggiano, DiGirolamo & Lizzi P.C.
“This scholarship is intended to help a young person who has dedicated their time to improve others’ lives. We want to help a student to get a college education and help them to make a difference in the world around them, just as they are already doing within their local community,” said Christopher DiGirolamo, managing partner at Maggiano, DiGirolamo & Lizzi P.C.
Eligibility for the Scholarship
Students who want to apply for the scholarship must meet the following criteria:
- 0 GPA or higher (applicants must provide an unofficial transcript).
- Enrollment or admittance to an accredited college or university (as defined by the S. Department of Education)
- 500 or 1,000-word essay on one of the topics below.
- The application must be submitted using the form on this page.
- Applicants must agree to the Terms and Conditions.
Essay Topic Options
Please choose from one of the following topics and write an essay between 500 and 1,000 words:
- What have you done to be of service to others? How did it change your life?
- What do you think it means to have courage? Give an example of how you have demonstrated courage in your own life.
- Are there any first responders in your life? What impact have they had on your life?
- Discuss the role of first responders in today’s society. How have their roles contributed to the safety of others?
How to Apply for the First Responders Scholarship
Applicants interested in applying for the scholarship can do so by using the submission form on this page. All requested information must be included with the application for consideration. The deadline for this Maggiano, DiGirolamo & Lizzi P.C. scholarship is June 15, 2021.