Every year, Maggiano, DiGirolamo & Lizzi P.C. rewards deserving students by offering a $1500 Mock Trial Scholarship to aspiring law students who have participated in a mock trial. Students who are interested in applying can use the form on this page. The deadline to apply is December 15, 2021.
About the Maggiano, DiGirolamo & Lizzi P.C. Scholarship Opportuity
Participating in mock trials, like those governed by the American Mock Trial Association (AMTA), gives aspiring law students an opportunity to test their skills, and few moments give students a more real-world example of what a real courtroom will be like.
“We know the rising costs of education are making it hard for young people to get the education they deserve. We want to reward students for their hard work and give them the resources they need to be successful adults,” said Michael Maggiano, a senior partner at Maggiano, DiGirolamo & Lizzi P.C.
As part of its efforts to help aspiring lawyers, Maggiano, DiGirolamo & Lizzi P.C. created a scholarship to help a deserving student attend law school.
“Students have to put in an incredible amount of effort throughout college in order to gain admittance to law school. We want to reward a student and help them achieve their law school aspirations,” said Christopher DiGirolamo, managing partner at Maggiano, DiGirolamo & Lizzi P.C.
To qualify for this scholarship, applicants must:
- Be admitted to or currently attending a college or university.
- Submit an essay that is between 500 and 1,000 words on one of the topics below.
- Have a 3.0 GPA or higher (unofficial transcript must be included with the application).
- Use the form on this page to apply.
- Agree to the Terms and Conditions.
Essay Topic Options
Please select one of the following topics for your essay. Attach it to the application form on the page using a PDF format.
- Tell us about your mock trial. What was the most important lesson you learned from the experience?
- Why did you choose to take part in a mock trial? What impact did it have on you and has it impacted decisions you have made since? If so, in what ways?
- Have you ever been defeated in a mock trial? What did you learn from the experience? What would you do differently?
How to Apply for the Mock Trial Scholarship
To apply, you must use the form on this page and provide all the required information, including your original essay and unofficial transcript verifying your GPA. The application deadline for the Maggiano, DiGirolamo & Lizzi P.C. scholarship is December 15, 2021.