Things to Know Before You Talk to a Truck Accident Attorney
Truck accidents can be life changing, as many of the injuries that you receive could be catastrophic in nature. This is due to the fact that, in many cases, you were probably hit by a vehicle that was many times larger than your own. This is why you may have arrived at the conclusion that speaking to an attorney will be your best option to move forward. However, one thing that you must understand is that your attorney will have many questions for you, and without the answers they may not be able to determine what they can do for you. This is why it is important to understand the answers to many questions such as those that identify how the accident occurred, your injuries, and more. Today we will help you understand some of these categories of questions and what they mean for your claim.
Questions to Consider
Firstly, you will want to be able to know the answer to many details about the trucking company and driver, because it will help your attorney determine liability in your case. Some of the questions you may be asked will include:
- What are the names of both the trucking company and driver involved?
- Do you have identifying license plate numbers or specific details about the truck?
- Do you have the Commercial Driver’s License number or have you done any research on the trucking company involved to better assess your case?
You will also want to be able to answer specific questions about the accident, such as:
- How did the accident occur and did you call the police to file a report?
- Did you take photographs at the scene of the accident?
- Do you have contact information for the witnesses in your accident?
- What were the road conditions on the day or night of the accident and where did it occur?
There are also questions you must be able to answer on a medical level, as after every truck accident you should seek immediate medical help. Some of these questions include:
- Are you restricted from normal activities or work because of your injuries?
- What diagnosis were you given after your accident?
- If you were taken to the hospital, how long were you hospitalized? What treatment was given?
- What symptoms are you experiencing since your accident?
When you have been injured in a trucking accident, you may have many questions yourself. If you are able to answer these questions, your attorney will be able to assess your case and give you clearer options for recovery. In a personal injury case, you may feel lost or hopeless – however, at Maggiano, DiGirolamo & Lizzi, we can give you hope to move forward. Call us today for more.