The Guttenberg personal injury lawyers at Maggiano, DiGirolamo & Lizzi, P.C. are dedicated to helping the injured successfully navigate the recovery process after negligence causes harm. Compassionate, skilled and experienced, we know how to protect our clients’ rights to compensation and justice – and how to help the injured avoid the missteps that could subvert their claim and financial recovery.
We Are Ready to Help You Recover
Call (201) 585-9111 or Email Us
For a Free, No Obligations Case Evaluation
During a free consultation, you can get clear answers and important advice regarding your legal options and how we can help you. We invite you to contact us whenever you are ready for these insights. Until then, the following uncovers some of the most common mistakes that can sabotage personal injury cases and recoveries.
5 Mistakes to Avoid before & during a Personal Injury Case
These mistakes can undermine – if not outright compromise – the success of a personal injury case:
- Waiting to seek medical treatment – After a serious accident, getting medical care as soon as possible is critical. While this treatment can make the difference between life and death, it is also important to documenting the nature and severity of the injuries caused by the accident.If medical treatment is not sought in the hours, days or even weeks following the incident, it can be far more challenging, if not impossible, to prove that a specific accident or incident directly caused the injuries (as there may be room to argue that a subsequent event caused the injuries in question).
- Not following through with prescribed treatments – Emergency (or initial) medical care should be followed up with the tests, treatments, etc. that a medical professional prescribes. While this is essential to preventing complications and healing, it can also be crucial to a future personal injury case.If an injured person makes the mistake stopping treatment(s) and not following doctors’ orders, it can give the defendant and/or insurance company leverage to argue that the injuries must not have been that bad, painful or debilitating (otherwise treatment would have been sought).
- Failing to keep pictures and documentation related to the incident – Pictures, accident reports and any other documents associated with the accident can all be important to establishing liability and damages for a claim.If these items are not retained (because, for instance, they’re thrown away or misplaced), a future claim may be weaker and more difficult to prove.
- Relying on the insurance company to be on your side – Insurance adjusters can seem friendly and helpful in the aftermath of an accident, making it easy for victims to assume that adjusters are looking out for them. This, however, can be a dangerous assumption, as adjusters are more often than not looking out for their employer – the insurance company.In reality, this commonly means that adjusters are focused on finding evidence to reduce or deny a claim (so the company retains more profits). This mistake can end up costing victims in a big way, as it can misguide them into accepting reduced settlement offers, wrongfully denied claims, etc.
- Trying to navigate the process alone – This is generally the single biggest mistake accident victims can make when it is time to file a claim and seek financial recovery. The main reasons are that the personal injury cases can be complex and that the representation and guidance of an experienced lawyer can make all of the difference in the strength – and success – of a case.An attorney will know how to compile and present the evidence, handle insurance companies and fight to protect and advance an injured person’s interests at every phase. Given that injured people only have one shot at filing a personal injury case – and that the compensation from these cases can be pivotal to restoring lives, do NOT make the mistake of going at it alone. Let a trusted Guttenberg personal injury lawyer at Maggiano, DiGirolamo & Lizzi, P.C. help you recover.
For a free legal consultation with a personal injury lawyer serving Guttenberg, call (201) 585-9111
Contact a Guttenberg Personal Injury Lawyer at Maggiano, DiGirolamo & Lizzi, P.C.
To receive essential information about your potential claim, contact an experienced Guttenberg personal injury lawyer at Maggiano, DiGirolamo & Lizzi, P.C. by calling (201) 585-9111 or emailing us. We are tirelessly committed to helping the injured, and we are ready to start helping you.
With Maggiano, DiGirolamo & Lizzi, P.C. on your side, you can count on receiving:
- Respect and honesty
- Aggressive advocacy
- The highest quality legal services personalized to your claim.
Our ongoing record of success and superior legal service in car accident, product liability and other personal injury cases has earned us various professional honors and recognitions, as well as positive testimonials from previous clients.
Guttenberg Personal Injury Lawyer Near Me (201) 585-9111
The Township of Guttenberg is located in Hudson County, New Jersey. Home to more than 11,000 people, Guttenberg is only about 10 blocks long and 4 blocks wide, making it the single most densely populated city in the U.S. In fact, Guttenberg’s population density is double that of New York City. It is also the 9th smallest city in the state of New Jersey. On average, it only takes about a minute to drive through the town of Guttenberg.
Guttenberg is named for the inventor of the printing press, Johannes Gutenberg. While it started out as farmland, it is now known as a commuter town, with nearly 40 percent of its residents employed in New York City.