When negligence causes harm, two of the most important allies that victims can have are medical professionals whose treatment can promote physical recoveries and lawyers whose representation can be the key to financial recoveries.
The Paramus attorneys at Maggiano, DiGirolamo & Lizzi, P.C. have more than 90 years of combined experience advocating injured people’s rights and helping them fight for the compensation and justice they deserve. While we acknowledge that financial recoveries can never erase the devastating impacts of serious accidents and injuries, we know that these awards can be essential to covering medical bills and helping victims put their lives back together.
Harmed by Negligence? Call (201) 585-9111 or Email Us for a Free, Confidential, No Obligations Case Evaluation
We urge you to contact us whenever you need answers and support for a potential personal injury claim. Until then, we invite you to check out the personal injury FAQs below for crucial information about these cases.
What Should I Do If I Have Suffered a Personal Injury?
After an accident injures you, it’s generally important to do as much of the following as possible:
- Report the accident to the proper authorities.
- Get emergency medical attention if needed.
- Take pictures of the accident scene.
- Keep everything you have related to the incident (photos, accident reports, etc.).
- Report the facts of the accident to the insurance company (if applicable).
- Comply with all prescribed medical treatments.
- Get a free case evaluation to find out more about your legal options.
If you or a loved one has been seriously harmed and have limited capacity to take all of the above steps, the single most important thing to do after an accident will be to contact an attorney at Maggiano, DiGirolamo & Lizzi, P.C.
For a free legal consultation with a personal injury lawyer serving Paramus, call (201) 890-4838
What Type of Evidence Can Support My Claim?
The evidence necessary to prove your claim will depend on the nature of the accident and negligence involved. Generally, this may include (and is not at all restricted to):
- Accident reports
- Pictures of the accident scene and injuries
- Medical documentation, like doctor’s bills and diagnostic test results
- Correspondence from insurance companies
- Property repair bills.
Paramus Personal Injury Lawyer Near Me (201) 890-4838
Should I Accept a Settlement Offer from an Insurance Company?
No, you should not automatically accept or reject any settlement offer until or unless the offer has been carefully reviewed to assure that it properly compensates you. An attorney can review these offers and give you no-nonsense advice regarding whether you should accept them, make a counteroffer or take some other action.
What Type of Compensation Is Available for My Claim?
The specifics of your case will dictate the damages available for your claim. While our lawyers can give you more details regarding the value of your claim, in general, the compensation for personal injury cases can include damages for:
- Medical care and rehabilitation
- Lost income and/or lost earning capacity
- Damaged or destroyed property.
In addition to these types of compensatory damages, punitive damages may also be awarded for some personal injury claims.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Do I Really Need a Lawyer for My Personal Injury Case?
Yes. You only have one opportunity to file a case and pursue compensation for your losses and injuries. If you want to make sure that you have a solid claim and that your case sees the best possible outcome, it’s essential to retain a lawyer who can:
- Assemble all of the necessary evidence
- Take care of all paperwork, court deadlines and administrative needs associated with your claim
- Negotiate with insurance companies and/or other opponents
- Fight for you at every stage of your case.
Our attorneys specialize in all areas of personal injury practice, including but not limited to:
- Car accidents, including rear-end collisions, hit-and-run accidents, drunk driving accidents, head-on collisions, rollover accidents, tire blowouts, uninsured motorist accidents, municipal vehicle accidents, weather-related accidents, recreational vehicle accidents, snowplow accidents, accidents caused by distracted drivers, and accidents caused by reckless drivers
- Truck Accidents
- Motorcycle Accidents
- Pedestrian accidents
- Slip-and-fall accidents
- Bicycle accidents
- Construction accidents
- Premises liability/unsafe building conditions
- Swimming pool accidents
- Wrongful death, train accidents, subway accidents
Contact a Paramus Personal Injury Lawyer at Maggiano, DiGirolamo & Lizzi, P.C.
Don’t wait to get more answers about your claim and legal options. Contact an experienced Paramus personal injury lawyer at Maggiano, DiGirolamo & Lizzi, P.C. by calling (201) 585-9111 or emailing us.
Tirelessly committed to helping the injured, our attorneys have the skills, courage and resources necessary to aggressively advocate your rights in various types of personal injury claims. We are ready to help you level the playing field and seek the compensation and justice you deserve.
A borough in Bergen County, New Jersey, Paramus is located about 8 miles west of Upper Manhattan, making it a suburb of New York City. Paramus is home to more than 26,000 people, and it is known as one of the biggest shopping destinations in the U.S., despite the fact that “blue laws” prohibit many retail shops from being open on Sundays.
Home to two county parks and a zoo, Paramus is also a hub for education, arts and culture. Some notable landmarks in Paramus include the Easton Tower, Midland School and the Terhune House.
In popular culture, Paramus is known for being the setting for the film Coneheads, as well as for being featured in episodes of The Sopranos.