When you travel to someone else’s property or a public event, you expect to do so safely. However, suppose you end up suffering an injury after an assault on that property due to a lack of security personnel. In that case, you have the right to seek damages for your pain, emotional trauma, medical bills, and lost wages.
Consider requesting help from a Fair Lawn inadequate security lawyer to seek compensation for the damages you are facing after such an incident. Contact Maggiano, DiGirolamo & Lizzi P.C. at (201) 585-9111 as soon as possible for a free consultation about your case.
Defining Inadequate Security
Inadequate security involves a situation where a business, agency, or event organizer does not have a proper security system in place to protect visitors or patrons. This can involve both the hiring and training of security personnel, as well as a lack of security hardware in place that can protect visitors.
Security Personnel Issues
When a business owner has concerns about the safety of patrons or employees on the property or at an event, they should hire security personnel. Some issues with security personnel that could demonstrate a property owner’s negligence include:
- Hiring: If the owner does not hire enough personnel to deal with the number of patrons on the property or adequately cover the entire area, it could create a dangerous situation for visitors.
- Training: If the owner does not hire personnel with an adequate level of training, they may not react to a dangerous situation properly, leaving patrons in danger during an assault.
- Failure to act: Security personnel may choose not to respond to a request for help, leaving the patron helpless against the person causing the assault.
- Overreaction: In some cases, a security employee may contribute to the assault by injuring a patron on purpose or overreacting to a situation.
Lack of Security Measures
Additionally, the property owner or event manager should have security measures to help protect patrons. These items can include:
- Security cameras
- Proper locks (such as for a hotel door)
- Lighting in parking lots and walkways
If these items were not in place or were not working properly when you suffered an injury, you can use this information to show that negligence occurred.
Additionally, if security personnel responding to the assault are not carrying the gear they need to protect patrons, such as a non-lethal weapon, a flashlight, or a first aid kit, you and your attorney could use that information to prove negligence.
Seeking Help with Your Assault Case
A Fair Lawn inadequate security lawyer at Maggiano, DiGirolamo & Lizzi P.C. can perform a number of functions for you. First, our team will study the facts of your case by reading the police report, looking at any video, and interviewing witnesses. These steps will help us determine what happened.
We will then use those facts—along with recommendations from your doctors about the recovery you are facing—to determine a fair settlement amount to request. Contact our team at (201) 585-9111 today for a free review of your case.
According to New Jersey Revised Statutes §2a:14-2, victims in personal injury lawsuits have up to two years from the date of the incident to begin the process of filing a lawsuit. You can count on us to keep your case moving forward.
I want to express my deepest appreciation to the firm “MAGGIANO, DiIGIROLAMO
& LIZZI P.C. and to Cristopher DiGirolamo, in particular, for professionally and timely manner. The most important result for me is the successful completion of the case.
I also wish to express my thanks to the paralegal Nirelly Echanique and to Katty, the nice lady at the front desk.
Without any hesitation, I would recommend your firm to others.
Many thanks for your fruitful work.
Stefanie/Mike: can’t express in words my gratitude. Thank you both for all the hard work and Mike, you’re simply the best!
I am delighted to provide this testimonial for Mr. DiGirolamo. His representation of me during my case was unflagging over its four-year duration. He kept me informed, and prepared for every eventuality as the case progressed.
He understood my fears and pain, and saw to it that Workmans Comp provided support for me until my civil case was settled. He prepared me substantially whenever necessary. I was very grateful for his understanding of the disastrous effect my accident had on every aspect of my life.
He was always supportive and kind personally, and totally professional. He reminded me to be realistic about the eventual outcome, and advised me as to the importance of my demeanor and attitude.
Everyone I came in contact with at the office was polite and helpful, in particular Marisol Suarez, Mr. DiGirolamo’s paralegal assistant. I will always be grateful for the way my case was handled.
Types of Properties Where Security Is Common
After suffering an assault on someone else’s property, you may be wondering whether you have a case. Locations where you can expect to have some level of security include:
- Sports stadiums and arenas
- Shopping malls
- Airport, large bus, or train terminals
- Event parking lots
- Convention centers
- Apartment complexes
- Bars and dance clubs
- Amusement parks
- Public beach areas
Whether the property owner or event coordinator hired security personnel or contracted a third-party company to provide security, the majority of these types of places should have security measures in place.
Understanding the Types of Awards You Could Receive
When someone assaults you in a situation where the property owner should have had an appropriate level of security, they could owe you compensation for your injuries. Some compensable damages in your case could include:
- Medical bills: You can receive compensation for the medical bills related to emergency treatment after the assault and any future medical bills you could be facing down the road as you continue to seek treatment.
- Lost income: You can receive compensation for any wages you were unable to earn while you were recovering from your injuries, as well as for wages you cannot earn in the future because of your condition.
- Emotional trauma: If you have continuing emotional trauma or nightmares related to the assault, you have the right to seek a financial settlement for the reduced quality of life you are facing.
Hire a Fair Lawn Inadequate Security Lawyer to Help with Your Case
At Maggiano, DiGirolamo & Lizzi P.C., we know just how frustrating it is to be facing an uncertain outlook, especially when you did not do anything wrong. The property owner should have had well-trained security personnel in place, which could have protected you from the criminal who perpetrated the assault.
We will show how the facts of your case prove that you deserve the fairest possible settlement. Our team will work tirelessly on your behalf, leaving you more time to heal and focus on your family. For a free consultation, call Maggiano, DiGirolamo & Lizzi P.C. at (201) 585-9111 today.