Jersey City Personal Injury Attorneys
Suffering a serious injury can be deeply devastating, possibly causing lifelong or life-threatening impairments. When that injury could have been prevented if someone had been more careful or responsible:
- The psychological impacts can be intensified.
- There will likely be legal remedies for holding the negligent parties accountable and for seeking financial recovery and justice.
The Jersey City lawyers at Maggiano, DiGirolamo & Lizzi, P.C. are dedicated to helping those who have suffered personal injuries fight for the compensation and justice they deserve. Experienced, courageous and skilled, we can out-fight and out-smart any opponent while helping our clients successfully resolve their claims.
We are ready to collaborate with you and help you successfully navigate the path to financial recovery and justice.
Call (201) 585-9111 or Email Us
for Free, Confidential Answers Regarding Your Potential Claim
Exploring your legal options in a free consultation puts you under no obligation to retain us. Taking this opportunity can, however, give you the information you need to protect your rights to compensation and justice.
The average driver will be in three to four car accidents over a lifetime. Many of these wrecks will be minor, but some may be serious, causing devastating or fatal injuries.
Dealing with car accident injuries can be physically and emotionally difficult for victims and their families. What can be just as challenging is:
- Knowing whether and what type of negligence caused the crash
- Figuring out the liable parties and legal options
- Navigating the complicated recovery process.
At Maggiano, DiGirolamo & Lizzi, P.C., our lawyers have extensive experience representing car accident victims and families in various types of cases, including (but not limited to) those involving:
- Drunk driving crashes
- Distracted driving wrecks
- Reckless driving accidents
- Accidents caused by vehicle equipment failures.
Since 2009, truck accidents in the U.S. have increased dramatically, with fatal truck wrecks rising by about 26 percent and injury-related trucking crashes surging by about 62 percent.1 While these accidents can be caused by various forms of negligence, most commonly, factors like (but not necessarily limited to) the following can contribute to these wrecks:
- Truck driver negligence, like fatigued driving, impaired driving and failures to comply with traffic laws
- Trucking company negligence, such as hiring dangerous truck drivers, failing to train truck drivers and failures to maintain trucks
- Other negligence, like the negligence of truck equipment manufacturers (when equipment failures contribute to crashes) or the negligence of municipalities (when dangerous road conditions cause wrecks).
Our lawyers can help you prove when these or other forms of negligence cause truck accidents.
Fatal motorcycle accidents comprise about 14 percent of all deadly traffic accidents.2 When motorcycle wrecks are not deadly, they can still have catastrophic outcomes, causing debilitating injuries. Like truck accidents, motorcycle crashes can be caused by various types of negligence, like the negligence of:
- Passenger vehicle drivers
- Truck drivers
- Motorcycle equipment manufacturers
- Motorcycle technicians
While nursing homes can be nice assisted living and care facilities, not all of them are safe places for the elderly. All too often, abuse of residents occurs at these facilities, causing physical, psychological and/or financial harm.
In many cases, the negligence of nursing home staff and the companies that own and operate these homes play a role in the abuse. Some examples of this negligence include:
- Improperly restraining residents
- Failures to properly monitor residents
- Failures to hire qualified staff
- Failures to hire enough staff
- Lack of security.
New Jersey is a no-fault workers’ compensation state.3 This means that, when a workplace injury occurs, the injured worker can be entitled to workers’ compensation without having to prove who or what was at fault for causing the injury.
Workers’ compensation benefits may be just a fraction of the financial recovery that injured workers are entitled to following a workplace accident. In some cases, injured workers may also have a personal injury claim against a third party, like a contractor, an equipment manufacturer or the owner of a building.
The attorneys at Maggiano, DiGirolamo & Lizzi, P.C. are skilled at helping injured workers identify and pursue all available legal remedies so they can obtain the full compensation they deserve.
Let Us Get You on the Road to Recovery: Contact a Jersey City Personal Injury Lawyer at Maggiano, DiGirolamo & Lizzi, P.C.
If you or a loved one has been hurt by any form of negligence, contact an experienced Jersey City personal injury lawyer at Maggiano, DiGirolamo & Lizzi, P.C. by calling (201) 585-9111 or emailing us.
Relentlessly devoted to representing the injured, our attorneys have the skills and resources to effectively advocate your rights in any type of personal injury case and in any legal setting. We are here to level the playing field, protect your rights and interests and help you obtain compensation.
With Maggiano, DiGirolamo & Lizzi, P.C. on your side, you can count on receiving:
- Aggressive advocacy
- Respect, compassionate and honesty
- No legal fees until or unless there is a recovery for your case.
Year after year, we have been recognized as the best in our field based on our record of success and superior legal service. Let us explain how we can make a difference in your claim and recovery. We look forward to hearing from and helping you.
Our attorneys specialize in all areas of personal injury practice, including:
- Car accidents, including rear-end collisions, hit-and-run accidents, drunk driving accidents, high-speed collisions, head-on collisions, rollover accidents, tire blowouts, uninsured motorist accidents, municipal vehicle accidents, weather-related accidents, recreational vehicle accidents, snowplow accidents, accidents caused by distracted drivers, and accidents caused by reckless drivers
- Motorcycle accidents, including failure to yield, lane splitting, speeding, driving under the influence, and accidents caused by road hazards
- Trucking accidents
- Pedestrian accidents
- Slip-and-fall accidents
- Bicycle accidents
- Construction accidents, including welding accidents, scaffolding accidents, roofing accidents, defective safety equipment, and failure to provide safety equipment, workers compensation
- Medical malpractice, including birth injuries and distracted doctoring
- Defective products, including defective car parts, defective medical devices, unsafe drugs, other unsafe products, and improper instructions/warning labels
- Premises liability/unsafe building conditions, including slip-and-fall accidents, unsafe buildings, recreational accidents, inadequate security, food poisoning, dog bites, recreational/sports injuries, asbestos-related illness, and liquor law liability
- Swimming pool accidents
- Amusement park accidents
- Assault by security guards or bouncers, including unlawful detention and false arrest
- Elder abuse, including malnutrition and dehydration in nursing homes and bedsores
- Whistleblower claims, including pharmaceutical fraud, military fraud, and health care fraud
- Wrongful death, train accidents, subway accidents, and product liability.
About Jersey City
Located in the northwest part of the state, Jersey City is located in Hudson County and is the second most populated city in New Jersey. It has a 30-mile waterfront and is bounded by the Hudson River, the Upper New York Bay, the Hackensack River and Newark Bay. More than 264,000 people call Jersey City home.
With the motto “Let Jersey Prosper,” Jersey City has nicknames that include “Wall Street West,” “Chilltown” and “Sixth Borough.” Jersey City is known for its diversity, unique neighborhoods and picturesque skyline. It is also known for its nightlife and landmark attractions. Notable landmarks in Jersey City include the Liberty Science Center, the Colgate Clock and Lowe’s Jersey Theatre.
In popular culture, Jersey City has been featured in the reality show Snooki & JWoww, a spinoff from MTV’s Jersey Shore.
1: According to data from the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA)
2: According to data from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA)
3: More information regarding New Jersey workers’ compensation laws, from the New Jersey Department of Labor and Workforce Development (DLWD)