Truck Accident Attorneys Serving New Jersey
As a victim of a Hackensack truck accident, it is normal to feel stressed and overwhelmed by your collision injuries, mounting medical expenses, and constantly wondering about your prospects, health, and family. While it is a normal place to be, you do not have to go through it alone. You can retain the services of a Hackensack truck accident lawyer to handle your case, protect your legal rights, and fight to recover damages for your losses.
Vital Steps to Take After Being in a Truck Accident
Many people sustain life-altering injuries or lose their lives in accidents involving large commercial trucks. Following your truck accident, we advise that you take the following steps as spelled out by The Balance.
- Visit the emergency room. If your injuries are severe to the extent that you lose consciousness or cannot walk, chances are that a good Samaritan will call 911 for you. On the other hand, if you are hurt but conscious and mobile, make sure you seek medical care as soon as possible. Even if your injuries are not apparent, do not skip this step for two reasons. One, unseen, internal injuries can manifest later and could be quite severe. Two, it places a link between your injuries and the accident, which will be important when you file your claim with the liable party’s insurer.
- Call the police. It is important that you report your accident to the authorities. Even if your injuries are minor, call anyway. Taking this step is essential to building a solid case against the liable parties and filing a claim against the insurance company. When the police arrive on the scene, give an accurate report on the accident and ask for a copy of the police report. If they do not oblige, ask to take a picture instead.
- Document the scene. This step involves taking pictures of the scene. If you do not have a phone on you, ask a pedestrian or other motorists for help. When done properly, your lawyer can use the photos to assess the extent of your property damage and file an accurate claim. Also, take photos of yourself from different angles to document your injuries and make sure to preserve your clothes, footwear, and all other accessories you had on at the time of the accident.
- Exchange information. You should ask the truck driver for their name, address, and contact number. You may also do this for all witnesses, as well as passengers and other drivers involved in the accident. If an insurance adjuster for the truck driver approaches you or contacts you later, remember to limit your interactions with them and not respond to any questions alluding to your health and well-being.
- Protect your rights. You may find it helpful to speak with a lawyer about your options. A Hackensack truck accident lawyer from Maggiano, DiGirolamo & Lizzi P.C. can face the liable parties while you heal from your injuries. In addition to providing legal advice, we will also fight for your compensation to any property damage and past and future medical expenses. To get started, call us today at (201) 585-9111 or for a free consultation.
Working with Maggiano, DiGirolamo & Lizzi P.C.
If you hire us, our first order of business will be to alert the liable party and their insurance company of our intention to seek compensation through a claim. We will also investigate the accident and go through every detail. A few of our actionable steps include:
- Analyzing your medical report to see the extent of your injuries
- Analyzing any property damages to determine the amount to seek in damages
- Investigating the accident to determine the at-fault party or parties
- Interviewing witnesses and getting their observations on record
- Representing you during settlement negotiations and taking the case to trial if the insurance company refuses to agree on an amount
Excellent law firm. Thorough, attentive, discreet, flexible, loyal, and compassionate. They are excellent at representing their clients, listening to them, and fighting for their rights. I had the pleasure of working with Michael Maggiano, Esq., Joseph Maggiano, Lawyer Tom Boyle, Bernadette, and Stephanie. Thank you all for your dedication and hard work. I highly recommend choosing this firm to represent you.
I cannot express how grateful and pleased I am to have had Christopher DiGirolamo and his paralegal Christine Carrino represent me in connection with my personal injury action.
What had happened to me was an event that was about to completely change my life.
Initially I was unable to go to the offices of Maggiano, DiGirolamo & Lizzi because of my injuries. I had been hit by a motor vehicle while walking in a crosswalk. Christopher came to me. He offered not only expert legal advice but helped significantly with other things like obtaining police reports, how to handle telephone calls, photographing the scene and even advice about warding off “adjusters” who came knocking on my door. Most importantly, Christopher listened. His compassion, knowledge and understanding cannot be overstated.
I, as a lawyer with medical knowledge who needed a lawyer, would consider myself to be somewhat of a challenging client. Christopher took all this in stride and was fearless in offering guidance and advice when I was having difficulty looking at things objectively. Christopher allayed my anxieties and made me feel better each and every time we spoke. He put things in perspective for me while at the same time, not sugar coating the difficult days ahead that were in store for me, both physically and throughout the legal proceedings. Christopher asked me about my preferences and my choices. He was always interested in my ideas and my point of view. Christopher balanced my convictions with his undeniable objectivity and expertise.
Throughout the protracted course of discovery and pre-trial conferences, Christopher went out of his way to communicate with me and keep me informed. When Christopher was in court we engaged in many real time texting sessions. He respected my decisions about strategy and was constant in upholding his integrity. With Christopher’s tenacity and wit, the case was ultimately resolved without trial.
Christopher and the law firm of Maggiano, DiGirolamo & Lizzi, P.C. made every effort to accommodate me in whatever way they could. I offer my thanks and gratitude.
Michael Maggiano is one of the hardest working, ethical attorneys that you can have represent you. When I was going through my injury, emotional pain and suffering, the last thing I wanted to think about was who would be the right lawyer who is caring and understanding of my situation. Well Michael was there every step of the way. Through his guidance, support and legal advice, somehow he got me through this ordeal. If I have to rate Michael between 0 to 10, he is definitely a 12! Believe it or not, if you call Michael on his telephone, he will call you back the same day or night to try to help you with your concerns and questions. Why? BECAUSE HE CARES
As stated above, one of our actionable steps is determining who caused your injuries after being involved in a large truck crash. While it is easy to just blame the truck driver, sometimes other people or entities share the responsibility, such as:
- The truck driver: We, of course, start with the driver. If he got behind the wheel while intoxicated or made reckless decisions on the road, such as excessive speeding, being distracted by loud music or a phone call, they are liable.
- The trucking company: If the company failed in their duty of care to maintain their trucks properly, ensure proper loading techniques, hire qualified drivers and provide further training, or conduct thorough background checks into their hires, they can be held liable.
- The truck maintenance company: If the company in charge of repairs and maintenance were negligent in their duty of care, and part malfunctions led to a loss of control, which resulted in an accident, then they too may be liable.
Verdicts and Settlements
$5,000,000 - Trucking Accident
Recovery to a husband, wife and four children as a result of a tractor trailer making an improper turn into the right of way of the family SUV in which the husband was operating with wife in the front passenger seat and four children secured in the rear seat compartment area.
$1,061,392 - Tow Truck Crash
To a 42-year old truck operator and auto mechanic who suffered ulnar neuropathy, bulging lumbar disc, torn meniscus right knee and post traumatic stress disorder when he was struck by a tow truck backing up during a job thereby ending his two occupational careers.
$6,200,000 - Truck Accident
A commercial truck driver disabled after a crash which resulted in a traumatic brain injury.
Call Our Truck Accident Lawyers Today to Get Started
A Hackensack truck accident lawyer can make your litigation a smooth process since we understand that it can be overwhelming to take legal action while dealing with physical and psychological injuries. We support you with a contingency plan to ensure that you do not have to worry about paying any legal fees until we negotiate a settlement or receive a court award. Contact us today to learn more about how we can protect your rights and possibly, help recover damages, call Maggiano, DiGirolamo & Lizzi P.C. at (201) 585-9111 for a free consultation.