Workplace injuries are more common than you would think. According to the National Safety Council, an employee suffers injuries at work every seven seconds. While workplace injuries happen far too often, those injured still deserve to be treated with respect and care.
If you suffered injuries while at work, you might find it helpful to hire a Hackensack workers’ compensation lawyer from Maggiano, DiGirolamo & Lizzi P.C. to handle your claim. Our lawyers may be able to help you recover damages, even if the insurance company is not forthcoming with the benefits owed to you.
Types of Workplace Injuries
The types of workplace injuries that may result in compensation range from physical injuries to psychological distress. Each of these injuries differs in severity and, therefore, carries different benefits. Below, you will find a few of the most common injuries that occur at work:
- Slip and fall accidents: whether you work in a manufacturing plant or an office downtown, you are not immune to slipping, falling, or tripping while working. Slip and fall accidents primarily occur due to hazards such as wet floors, ill-placed items, or uneven stairs and can cause a wide range of health problems.
- Muscle strains: if you carry or move heavy objects at work, you may begin to experience muscle strains in your back, arms, and neck as time goes on. You are also likely to have muscle spasms, cramping, swelling, or feel the pain spread to other areas of your body, causing intense pain even while at rest.
- Collisions: another common work-related injury, this injury occurs if you work around large vehicles. If you are a truck driver and you sustain injuries in an accident due to improper maintenance practices by the company, you may be entitled to compensation.
- Accidents caused by a lack of protective gear: sometimes, manufacturing companies fail in their obligation to provide personal protective equipment such as safety goggles, helmets, and face masks for employees working with dangerous chemicals or under dangerous conditions. For instance, inhaling toxic fumes can result in poisoning, respiratory problems, and oxygen deprivation.
- Industrial deafness. When you are repeatedly exposed to loud noises in the workplace, your hearing can deteriorate over time. Common symptoms include struggling to hear speech in a noisy environment and missing parts of conversations. To combat industrial deafness, companies must provide noise-canceling protective devices.
I am delighted to provide this testimonial for Mr. DiGirolamo. His representation of me during my case was unflagging over its four-year duration. He kept me informed, and prepared for every eventuality as the case progressed.
He understood my fears and pain, and saw to it that Workmans Comp provided support for me until my civil case was settled. He prepared me substantially whenever necessary. I was very grateful for his understanding of the disastrous effect my accident had on every aspect of my life.
He was always supportive and kind personally, and totally professional. He reminded me to be realistic about the eventual outcome, and advised me as to the importance of my demeanor and attitude.
Everyone I came in contact with at the office was polite and helpful, in particular Marisol Suarez, Mr. DiGirolamo’s paralegal assistant. I will always be grateful for the way my case was handled.
We hired Chris DiGirolamo as our attorney after Mike suffered a life changing injury at work. From the time we met Chris we felt we can trust him to work in the best interest for Mike’s needs. Chris is very down to earth and we felt comfortable whenever we met with him. He spoke to us so we always understood what was going on. He never threw around legal jargon that we would not be able to understand. He was always willing to ensure we knew exactly how our case was proceeding. Chris showed humanity in dealing with Mike’s Injuries and understanding of Mike’s unwillingness to accept some of the changes in his life.
Chris’s high level of energy and desire to bring a case to the best possible results were evident from day one. Our case was settled but of court with the help of a mediator and Chris was by our side explaining what was going on every step of the way. His preparation throughout the case was evident as he spoke before the mediator. It was a pleasure to watch. Chris at work and know he was working for us. He is tough and stubborn when necessary. We were also impressed by the respect shown to Chris by the retired judge we worked with as well as other lawyers. Chris was only happy with this case when he knew we had a settlement that we were very impressed with.
The Benefits You Are Entitled to Receive
When you hire Maggiano, DiGirolamo & Lizzi P.C., we will explore a variety of benefits to determine where your case fits. Take advantage of our free consultation and call us at (201) 585-9111 to discuss your case with our experts.
As presented by the New Jersey Department of Labor and Workforce Development, the type of benefits you may receive may include one or more of the following:
- Permanent Total Disability Benefits (PTD): this type of disability policy covers employees who may never be able to work again due to a work-related injury. These injuries can include loss of limbs, eyes, or other vital parts of the body that may make it impossible for the policyholder to work.
- Permanent Partial Disability Benefits (PPD): policyholders primarily awarded PPDs are those who can no longer perform their tasks due to a permanent impairment sustained in the workplace. These injuries include PTSD, carpal tunnel syndrome, amputation of a finger or hand, loss of vision in one eye, and hearing loss.
- Temporary Disability Benefits: when an employee gets hurt while on the job but can still work to a certain degree, they may qualify for Temporary Partial Disability benefits. While they may perform their daily tasks, the company will temporarily exempt them from performing specific tasks that may be detrimental to their health.
- Vocational Rehabilitation Benefits: through the New Jersey Division of Vocational Rehabilitation Services, you may be eligible to receive this benefit if you require rehabilitation such as physiotherapy or work-related training to help you return to work after the personal injury accident.
- Lost Wages: in most workers’ compensation cases, the plaintiff cannot work at all or can, but at a reduced level. Either way, they end up losing income due to missing work completely or putting in shorter hours.
- Medical Benefits: sustaining injuries at work can put a significant strain on your finances. So, this benefit is to recover the money you spent on your medical expenses, prescribed medications, medical tests, and even future medical expenses.
Verdicts and Settlements
To an electrician who suffered flash burns when he plugged in a meter to read the electric usage of a shopping mall tenant.
To widow and child of a deceased dock builder injured during a pile driving operation. Defendant Developer and General Contractor placed blame on employer of deceased worker who could not be sued because of the Worker Compensation Statute that says you can not sue your employer. We proved that even though the employer was negligence, the Developer and GC had to primary duty of safety on the…
Settlement was obtained for a 34 year old schoolteacher who claimed work related injury to her neck, back, shoulders, knees and head suffered during two separate work related accidents.
Hire a Hackensack Workers’ Compensation Lawyer Today
If you suffered injuries at work, we recommend that you hire a Hackensack workers’ compensation lawyer from Maggiano, DiGirolamo & Lizzi P.C., to fight for your rights. Once we come onto the case, we will analyze your medical records, the severity of your injuries, working conditions, and job description to determine the compensation that makes sense for your situation. With us in your corner, you will never have to worry about legal costs since we advance all the costs needed to cover your litigation. To learn how we may be able to win your case, call us right now at (201) 585-9111.