In Teaneck, New Jersey, if you or a loved one recently suffered injuries because of another person’s negligent behavior, you should understand what legal options there are for you.
Do not be discouraged by what you might assume about the litigation process. You should know that no matter how complicated or difficult your case may seem, the lawyers at Maggiano, DiGirolamo & Lizzi P.C. can handle it. Understand what a Teaneck personal injury lawyer can do for you by calling us at (201) 585-9111 for a free consultation when you are ready to begin working on your case.
Personal Injuries in the Garden State
Almost anyone in the United States can be involved with a personal injury case. Personal injury cases range from car accidents, premises liability, medical malpractice, and more.
Personal injury occurs when someone acts recklessly or negligently, and their actions cause another person to suffer losses or injuries, typically referred to as damages by the law. Proving negligence is the foundation of most personal injury cases.
In a personal injury case, one party seeks monetary compensation to make up for injuries and losses caused by the incident. Under New Jersey Statutes §2A:15-5.1, the state allows for contributory negligence. Contributory negligence means that in a case where both parties could be partially at fault, each party may be liable for covering the percent of damages they allegedly caused.
Also, New Jersey’s statute of limitations, Statute §2A:14-2 allows the plaintiff in a personal injury case two years from the date of the incident to file a lawsuit with the courts to pursue compensation. Although the statute of limitations for filing a claim might seem generous, you should not wait to begin working on your case. Call the offices of Maggiano, DiGirolamo & Lizzi P.C. now for a free consultation.
For a free legal consultation with a personal injury lawyer serving Teaneck, call (201) 890-4838
The Qualities of a Compelling Personal Injury Case
The goal of pursuing a personal injury claim is to get compensation for your losses. Someone familiar with negligence laws can help you calculate the true value of your case. There are a few ways to possibly make your case stronger:
- Comparative Negligence: an analysis of negligence can maximize the fault of your injury toward the liable party, and mitigate or eliminate the fault of the injury on you.
- Recovery Expenses: the cost of recovering from your injury can be easily proved, and builds a strong case for your physical, mental, emotional, and financial well-being.
- Active Pursuit of Your Case: Of course, one of the ways to help your case is by being prompt. The sooner and more consistent you are with filing your claim, the fresher the memories, the more compelling the evidence.
This list is not complete, but it can certainly help you get ahead of the litigation process. Call Maggiano, DiGirolamo & Lizzi P.C. at (201) 585-9111 for a free case review. Our Teaneck personal injury lawyers are ready to see your case through to an agreeable settlement. If we cannot negotiate a settlement, our lawyers will defend your rights before a judge.
Teaneck Personal Injury Lawyer Near Me (201) 890-4838
Legal Options for Personal Injury Incidents
After your injury happens, you may not be in the right mindset to organize and file a claim. Do not worry about the logistics of your case—the burden of the litigation process will be on us, once you give us a call.
Our lawyers can evaluate your unique case and advise you on your legal options, which may include, but are not limited to any of the following claims:
- Cost of Emergency and Continued Medical Treatment: one of the most common personal injury claims is directly related to the cost of medical treatment. These expenses include emergency care and ambulance costs. It is not limited to things like continued care related to the accident, prescription medications, and other bills you might otherwise pay out of pocket.
- Loss of Income or Future Ability to Work: first, you should have a doctor thoroughly evaluate your injuries as soon as possible. When your injuries impact your ability to do your job, your future ability to earn and thrive on your own will be affected.
- Loss of Consortium: if you or your loved one suffered injuries, it can change the day-to-day experience of your life and relationship. Both of you may never be the same, and the loss of consortium considers the financial impact of that.
- Loss of Enjoyment: a personal injury case can change everything in a person’s life, from his or her daily routines to irreversible long-term changes.
Again, this is not an exhaustive list of potential legal claims you could make in a personal injury case. Your circumstances will be different from other cases. We can point to the similarities between your case and other successful claims, but no two cases will ever be exactly alike. That is why you should speak with someone from our team of lawyers about your case. The sooner you call Maggiano, DiGirolamo & Lizzi P.C., the sooner we can begin working out the details of your claim.
Call a Teaneck Personal Injury Lawyer for Legal Representation
If you or a loved one suffered injuries due to the negligence of someone else, the lawyers at Maggiano, DiGirolamo & Lizzi P.C. will fight for your rights. Hold liable parties accountable for your increased medical bills, and other pain and suffering caused by the incident.
Ease the burden of the litigation process when you work with lawyers who are familiar with the legal system in New Jersey. Talk to our team about your unique personal injury case when you call us at (201) 585-9111 today for a free consultation.